back to article Apple TV third-generation (2012)

Well, at least we can get the hardware over and done with quickly. The latest Apple TV looks exactly like the old one, and it's innards aren't really any different either. 3G Apple TV Box steady: no change to the look, little to the spec For the record, there's an A5 processor on the inside in place of the previous model's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

mythtv / xbmc / boxee...

... not as slick, but 10x more free and powerful.

I'd also say, not for the feint hearted, unless you purchase a ready made setup.

If your fine with a walled garden - a set of restrictions on what you can do with a device - and you don't mind having two devices, one to record your telly and one for music/movies - then Apple TV is fantastic.

Lets face it, most people fall into that category.

But hey, this is El Reg - we're geeks here, right?

Roll your own, you know you want to ...

2. Gareth 18

Lotta love for the AppleTV

I have to admit I really like it. Its cute, inconspicuous and sits neatly under the TV. Airplay makes listening to music, watching youtube, watching a film, or streaming things like radio via tunein a breeze.

The only thing I would like Apple to do is increase support for multiple accounts. My partner havs iTunes Match so his entire music and TV programme library is available to the AppleTV via the cloud. Unfortunately the AppleTV only supports 1 iTunes account at a time so if I want to watch or listen to anything that isn't synced to my iPhone then I have to have my laptop running to stream it. Its a minor bugbear though for a product that is affordable and does what I need it to do really well. Let the AppleTV support multiple accounts and it will be the cherry on the cake.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like