back to article GiffGaff goes titsup again in 'leccy cable gaffe

People-powered O2 spinoff GiffGaff suffered an outage this morning, apparently due to a power cut, and there's no estimated time-to-fix as yet. The network, whose USP is that it's run by its customers, explains that a burst water main has wrecked the electricity supply to one of its central control sites, leaving the entire …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Vic

I'm on GiffGaff

I didn't notice the outage.

My missus is also on GiffGaff. She was making calls when she got in from work, and didn't notice the outage.

I have various other friends and acquaintances on GiffGaff. None of them seem to have noticed the outage.

So although this clearly isn't a day of which to be proud, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it.

Vic.

2. andy 49

There seem to be a remarkable number of multi-millionaires on giffgaff, earning between £2000 and £50,000 per day and about to lose so much of it through people not being able to reach them for such a short while.

3. andy 49

I've been reading a bit of the giffgaff forum about this

It's very noticeable that the self-appointed experts in system redundancy keep asking questions like doesn't the firm know anyhing about redundancy, without bothering to notice that the question has already been asked and patiently answered plenty of times already.

4. pctechxp

GaffeGaffe

This company seems to lurch from one problem to the next.

Joined them briefly last year after having been a happy O2 customer for 5 years and not having to call on Customer Service as the thought of getting paid to give advice on the forum was appealing, however the port in process took over 48 hours and within a few days of joining their system temporarily slapped a lost bar on my phone for no apparent reason.

It was lifted the next morning by an 'agent' after I raised a ticket but it did concern me that I could be left with a non functioning phone without warning.

Thinking that they may have improved I tried again in December, port in was smoother but there was absolute carnage on the forums as many people were reporting their old SIMs had stopped working but their number was not attached to their new GiffGaff SIM so was in a no mans land.

This went on until the week between Christmas and New Year.

The other annoying thing is the forums are often hard to read because you get the same peiece of advice repeated or complete rubbish posted within a matter of seconds by people who constantly stalk the forums looking for easy money but have no clue about what they are talking about.

In the end I decided to take out a SIM only contract with Tesco Mobile so that there is some comeback if I have an issue.

5. scud8

There are still a number of people (me included) who were due to port in to GiffGaff on Friday and are still without service as of Saturday night. Hopefully will be fixed soon, but it's not creating a good first impression.

6. Max Jalil
    Black Helicopters

If I didn't know any better

I'd think Giffgaff was a masterstroke by O2 to ditch all their non profitable data hungry users and move them onto a second class service. It is odd that the O2 infrastructure was unaffected during this outage and GiffGaff didn't even have a spare pc!

7. James Marten
    Megaphone

My blood is boiling

Absolutely disgusted with the outage - how can anyone possibly expect to carry on living without a mobile phone service for A WHOLE EIGHT HOURS!!!!! If they don't promptly and gladly pay me and every other customer back the 10p compensation that we are due, I'm going to find another provider that has the same nationwide coverage, minutes, free 0800 calls and unlimited texts/data for only £10 per month.

Oh, hang on a minute - there's a problem with that...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like