Feeds

back to article Ten... inkjet photo printers

There’s only really one choice of technology for printing photos well and economically. Inkjet printers produce better quality photos than traditional silver halide, one of the reasons digital photography has superseded it. Most of the major printer manufacturers produce inkjet printers and even the most basic of these can print …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

FAIL

"Inkjet printers produce better quality photos than traditional silver halide"

I stopped reading at this point...

Silver badge

Photographer needs...

"As well as photo card slots, which include CompactFlash for older, pro DSLRs"

Older, like the 7D, 5D MkII, 1D-X? Non-beginner/compact end of the market? Yes. Old? Nope. Whether any owners would use any of these is anyone's guess, but I get great results from a pixma 4000/MP610.

Bronze badge
Meh

about that pixma

the one with the slide scanner? how good a job can it do? a little more info would be nice. thanks

an i have no more epson...when first one died and they couldn't be bothered to get back to my email... i figured they didn't want my business.... so i have had HP up until getting my little Samsung laser.... which is just great.

FAIL

+1 rubbish review

Which one support Linux ??? Yes, Brother.

Who do not infect you winPC with 300mb of drivers? yes, brother.

Whichone use only ink cartridges? yes, brother.

your review seems for christmas.

FAIL

Dear, oh dear

Must say this isn't exactly the best photography-related article yet on El Reg, and this is an area that the site doesn't do that well anyway due to lack of expertise, I presume. For the most part, these certainly aren't what most photo enthusiasts would consider to be photo printers for starters. Also, it's just utter nonsense to say that "Inkjet printers produce better quality photos than traditional silver halide, one of the reasons digital photography has superseded it". NO! Inkjet printing is a lot easier than colour darkroom work without rivalling the quality standards, particularly at the level of these printers, and it's convenience and ease of use that's largely driven the photographic revolution. Yes, there was a huge amount of shoddy D&P on the high street which has made consumer-level digital seem better than film, but really it's only top-end DSLRs that can actually challenge traditional film photography in quality terms - the simple fact is that digiital is good enough, and consistent, as well as cheap (to use) and easy.

Finally, CF cards remain at the heart of top-end DSLRs used by amateurs as well as pros.

I do wish that photo-related articles were written by someone with more knowledge of the field, as these articles almost invariably fail to meet the normal standards I expect from El Reg.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.