back to article Ebuyer knocked out by own £1 deals site

UK gadget retail site Ebuyer has been knocked offline as its £1 laptop deals caused an online stampede that flattened the site's servers. Ebuyer failed to shore up its web systems ahead of the customer rush and the site was offline for several hours even before the offers officially opened at 11am today. The tech site's " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Melb
    Thumb Down

Bad Press

I was there just before 11am... I did plenty of refreshing but only ever saw a list once - went to buy an item and it just sat there - no amount of refreshes gave me an entry to my basket! Their comment about getting through if you kept refreshing is absolute rubbish and an insult to many customers (some loyal) intelligence... I wasted an hour trying to buy almost anythng! What a waste of time... I hope Ebuyer learn from the many customers they have rubbed up the wrong way! I have sent a complaint to them and will remove myself from their mailing list if they continue to send 'too good to be true' offers that cannot be purchased...

2. b166er

Ebuyer have been shite for ages.

I once (over 5 years ago) tried to purchase a Kingston memory card and they sent me Kingmax.

They fessed to a picking error and had the gall to expect me to pay to return the goods for exchange.

I told them to piss off and haven't been back since... until this morning.

And what happened... it fell over, downhill all the way.

Same happened to Scan, they were once a great resource.

Thankfully we have LambdaTek now.

3. gavpowell

They Had a Warehouse Clearance Once

And this comprised half a dozen stalls piled with random tat at very ordinary prices(19" monitors for £120, printers from £50)...and they couldn't de mo any of it because there was no power.

I stopped using ebuyer ages ago but gave them another chance earlier this year with a 600 quid delivery. Phoned and asked whether it would definitely arrive next day, assurances given. It arrived 2 days later, so I refused delivery and sent the whole lot back.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like