back to article Steve Jobs had 'personal moral failures', was no role model

After Britain's Chief Rabbi criticised the consumerism of the late Great High Priest of Apple, a professor of applied ethics at Hofstra University has joined the crew of Jobs-knockers, saying that we shouldn't venerate the Apple CEO because of his well-documented bad behaviour. Blogging on Psychology Today, Arthur Dobrin told …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

err...

Yes, because none of those things occur in any other history books...

1. maccy
    Gimp

Life of Steve.

Steve's not a "very naughty boy". He's the messiah.

2. All names Taken

Hmmm - maybe the well illuminated luminary might posit an example of high moral fibre in action?

3. Microphage

Personal moral failures?

Jobs personal moral failures are his own business unless they impact the rest of us. How about comparing how many times Apple/Jobs have been in court as compared to other financially sucessful IT companies/visionaries. Lets start with Steve Jobs:

1. Refused to acknowledge paternity of first daughter until paternity test.

2. Was fussiness about flowers in hotel rooms.

3. Parked in handicapped spaces.

4. Broke speed limit.

5. Yell at cops.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'm sorry ...

But are you saying he was up before the beak for being picky about his primroses? I rather think not.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Remember... there's a Book of Jobs in the Bible...

"The book of Jobs tells the story of an extremely righteous man named Jobs, who was very prosperous and had seven 'sons' and three 'daughters'".

The sons and daughters clearly refer to products in Apple's range. And more conclusively, seven + three = ten, the sacred number of the daemons known as OS X.

And as for 'eating' the Apple and being ejected from the walled garden...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Albert Einstein was a genius.

Brian Kernighan was brilliant.

Steve Jobs was a clever prick.

1. Baudwalk
      Headmaster

>>>Brian Kernighan was brilliant.<<<

What do you mean "was"? Is he dead too (like, say, Dennis Ritchie)? ;-)

6. Stevie

Bah!

Dear God,

the man was Satan made manifest and I for one shall buy no more of his Products From The Pit.

Unless they, you know, get cheaper.

7. Stephen 10

I missed Steve being declared a genius

Can someone point me at his seminal scientific thesis? Or great work of music or art? I thought he was just a businessman who achieved a large amount of personal wealth through monomaniacal practises.

Smart sure, genius not close.

8. Lord Lien

"it this which prevents me from holding him up as an icon for young people"

So who does?

1. n4blue

Jobs is clearly an icon whether or not anyone 'holds him up' as one:

http://tinyurl.com/bujl6sd

9. LarsG

WHAT EVER YOU DO........

don't insult the Messiah Jobs or you are likely to be down voted by all the tree hugging, left wing, liberal, namby-pamby, anti establishment, CND supporting, luvvie following, blinkered, apple loving, Guardian reading Apple owning, iOS 5 moaning, self important army of nobodys.

10. Baudwalk
    Holmes

And this is news to whom?

"There's nothing evil about Bill Gates and there's nothing nice about Steve Jobs" -- Chuck Peddle

Or something to that effect. It's years since I read "The Spectacular Rise and Fall of Commodore".

Highly recommended BTW, if you like your computing history. And for anyone who doesn't know who Chuck Peddle is.

11. IT-SEC
    Devil

Apple Zombies

Jobs got WAY too much credit for things he never created. For whatever reason the Apple fan base loved the guy, but I will never understand such silly dedication to a company.

This is the same company that charges its customers full price to replace broken glass on iPhones at $199, while they take full profit and resell your phone on the down low.

Jobs also gave MAC user's NO BLUE RAY in his typical greedy overcontrol fashion. Sorry MAC users, but it appears many of you would follow Jobs off a cliff... I will have NO part in that.

12. This post has been deleted by its author

13. BoxedSet
    Coat

Steve Jobs an icon? Yeah, the one with a tombstone on it....

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like