Feeds

back to article Can the iPad save newspapers?

Some obituaries of the late Steve Jobs praised the Apple founder as saviour of the newspaper industry. That’s hard to justify. While one of Jobs’ achievement was undoubtedly exploding the idea that people won’t pay for digital stuff, a newspaper business “saved” by the iPad won’t look anything like the old newspaper business. It …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

good news

The ipad apps iht and smh are both free and up-to-date. The iht is us-entric, has quality writers and lengthy articles, I don't know how they are paid. The smh is becoming more tabloid, too many pictures for the sake of it. It's subsidised by advertisers - for this year.

Bronze badge

Physical papers do have a use

Great as firelighters. The Telegraph as a broadsheet is particularly versatile, also being useful for covering the floor when painting and stuff.

I'd get fat and poor if I had to buy chips to get paper for lighting the fire.

Must it be subscriptions?

I have no problem with paying for a newspaper or an article online. But why does the only method have to be by subscription? I can walk into a newsagent and buy a Times,or Guardian (or Economist or Viz or New Scientist) as I please. The internet is supposed to be a step forward, why does it have to force me to sign up to monthly charges?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.