back to article Court bans man called Peter from calling himself Peter

A man called Peter has been banned from using the name "Peter" on the internet as a bail condition after being charged today with unauthorised use of a computer. Peter David Gibson, 22, from Hartlepool, was among three men and one unnamed 17-year-old charged at the City of Westminster Magistrates Court this morning for offences …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Silver badge
Stop

indeed

I think the fact he was given a bail condition with the reason to prevent "reoffending" BEFORE he has been found guity is a bigger issue.

Is your name not

Bruce?

Go

RE: Is your name not Bruce?

I think we're all down here in Oz....

Silver badge
WTF?

And I thought only we have these kind of idiot judges in very remote small towns...

...here in the US - but nope, apparently they are still alive overseas too.

My condolences.

<facepalm>

Joke

Just change his name

Not that big of a deal.

Pint

It's very early and I have a hangover

He could just sign in as Tw@t....

Beer = hair of the dog.

Coat

Am I the only one who didnt' miss this.....

His friggin name is Gibson....

Hat, Coat... Check!

Anonymous Coward

HACK THE PLANET!

"There is no right and wrong. There's only fun and boring."

WTF?

title

Well explain to it me.. what the fuck are you going on about? Perhaps I am just half asleep still?

Whatever next

A judge overstepping his authority, who'd have thought it. I mean, applying sanctions to this guy before a verdict is delivered.

Perhaps he should now refer to himself as Josef

Silver badge
FAIL

RE: Whatever next

"A judge overstepping his authority...." Wrong! The judge can set the terms of bail and, seeing as the accused is suspected of committing a cybercrime, the judge is well-within his remit to limit the chances that the accused will re-offend in a similar manner.

".....I mean, applying sanctions to this guy before a verdict is delivered....." Maybe you should go do some reading on bail conditions and the whole bail process before showing yourself up again.

Silver badge
Coat

Maybe he's also a member of

PETA ?

Then again, he's silly but NOT mad.

Facepalm

I'm sorry Dave you can not do that

an unauthorised act in relation to a computer

Facepalm

No facebook for him

That'll teach him

Coat

I'm Brian , and so's my wife!

wont be using that google real names only thingy then

Linux

Internet Relay

1) Not to be part of any internet relay and not to participate in any internet relay action.

LOLWHUT?

Im guessing they do mean Internet Relay CHAT but the internet is made up of "relays"

Unhappy

You can call me anything...............

................................but DON'T call me Fred.

PS: It wasn't me.

Silver badge
Coat

True punishment.

If the judge really wanted to punish him, then he would have sentenced him to get out and talk to real people at least one hour a day. Mind you, that kind of shock to the average Anons' system would probably kill them!

/off for a "team meeting" at the local!

N2

Just makes the judges

look like a complete bunch of totally out of touch idiots

Silver badge

Serious question here.

Is this condition even remotely enforceable? I mean, practically enforceable, rather than in the legal sense. I'm asking seriously, because I don't know and would like to learn.

Anonymous Coward

Another legal question

Is it the letter of the order that is enforceable or is it the intent... or is it both?

I sure would like to know the answer to that question.

I guess it would hardly matter though if it is the self same judge that gets to determine if the order was breached.

So Peter could

... wear a hoodie and dark glasses and then walk into an internet cafe in another town, say, erm, Telford, and then log into something as "Peter" and just how do law enforcement find out ?

WTF?

So....

...an alleged non-anonymous member of Anonymous is ordered to become anonymous (presumably within Anonymous and elsewhere) in order to prevent re-offending as an for a crime he has not yet been found guilty of while courts decide if if is in fact an Anonymous bloke who chose not to be anonymous or just some anonymous bloke who chose not to be in Anonymous?!?!?

My brain hurts!

Facepalm

It'll have to come OUT!

...And then you can apply for the position of Judge.

Bronze badge

Change his name ...

... to Spartacus.

Happy

(non) anonymous

Isn't the fact that he was known on the internet by his real name rather good circumstantial evidence that he isn't actually guilty?

Surely the anon/lulz lot all have names like l33t h4x0r and sp00n 04 d00m and other cool stuff like that?

Anonymous Coward

Dont tell them your name Pike^h^h^heter

Don't tell them your name Pike^h^h^heter or you too will go on zee list.

Posted Anon because it is zee law.

--

Dad's army if anybody missed the reference

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums