back to article Nokia offers $10,000 for new ring tone

Nokia is looking for a new ring tone, and offering $10,000 to anyone who can come up with something the next Dom Joly can use to annoy people. The tone can't be entirely original, it must be a variation of the familiar Nokia tones, but the company is hoping for something a little updated and hip to go with its new identity …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

Psycho...

That 3 'shrieks' from a violin from Psycho invokes terror in me even now. Particularly as the display could simultaneously put up El. Reg's "shower scene" still...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

If the new Star Trek movie has taught me anything...

...it's that the Nokia ringtone lasts for at least another few hundred years. What gives, Nokia?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Thanks TheRegister

This is definitely a bit of fun. I went ahead and created a few ringtones myself... but they are nothing compared to some of the truly awesome professional-sounding tunes others have put up there!

4. Paul Ireland
    Thumb Up

What the hell, it seems like a bit of fun...

Read the article today, got the guitar out, and added my own Nokia tone variation to the contest. So if you want to listen to an entry by a fellow The Register reader, the link is:

http://nokiatune.audiodraft.com/

click on # column header to order by entry, and the entry is 662 Nokia Foot Tapping Acoustic Guitar

or the direct link is:

www.audiodraft.com/sourcing/contests/contest.php?id=123&designerid=7620

Be careful with the audio volumes on that site, I cannot work out where the volume control is on their player (so some tunes might be loud).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What the hell?

Nice strumming but... I don't hear anything resembling the Nokia theme...?

5. Paul Ireland
    Thumb Up

a bit of fun

"Nice strumming but... I don't hear anything resembling the Nokia theme...?"

Thanks for the feedback, perhaps I made it too subtle.

I quite like someone else's entry 665 Gran Vals Pub Gig - which isn't subtle at all!

It's a fun contest, and a popular one. I uploaded my entry mid-afternoon yesterday and it was entry 662, mid morning today and the entry count is 1027.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like