back to article RUPERT MURDOCH HIT BY PIE

News Corp boss Rupert Murdoch was attacked by a protestor during a parliamentary hearing into the phone-hacking allegations at his sister company News International this afternoon. The committee's public inquiry has been suspended. SkyNews was there Reports claim that a UK Uncut activist, whose Twitter handle is @ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Happy

Sending a message

I wonder if the Boys in Blue were sending a message to Rupert? "Our security can lapse anytime, anywhere, you'll never know ... "

2. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

For that pie throw

I hope the thrower is investigated by the Clown prosecution service!

3. Baked Beans
    Thumb Up

Rupert may be a pussy...

But she sure isn't:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rupert-humble-wendi-hit-back-190119894.html

No wonder no one dares criticize her. Sounds like that wimp has got an awesome bitch with him.

4. Clay Landis

Sympathy? You can't be serious.

Are you kidding? Some old bastard get a pie in the kisser and people will feel sorry for him? Maybe a saber to the head might get him a bit but, let's face it, Rupe is not a charmer. But I really came to say another wasted effort, seriously, there were no bricks outside?

5. Sarah Davis
    Facepalm

suspiscious !!

security moved very slowly,... maybe one of his cronies arranged this harmless and ineffective pie attack to make 'ol bastard' look like a victim - c'mon, really, a foam pie, the guy gets that close to him and he's only armed with a foam pie?? Wow, Murdoch must be an absolute cad !! I mean, not as much as that Sean Hoare, i mean he must've been really evil as he killed himself - it'll probably turn out that he shot and knifed himself several times in the back,... either that or they'll cover it up saying it was a self inflicted drug OD

6. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Meh

Sometimes these headlines just write themselves ...

"Activist ladyslapped by Wendi Murdoch, now in custardy"

Now if the guy would have followed up with an atomic wedgie I might have some sympathy for Rupert. I'll be staying away from Wendi in any case. She's obviously no stranger to violent reactions to personal space violations.

1. Syed

@AC 07:33GMT

Ladyslapped?

Surely you meant _bitch_ slapped?

7. Adrian Esdaile
    Black Helicopters

We weren't born yesterday...

Sorry, but how the fuck do you get into a Parliamentary Committee with a can of shaving foam? Don't they have security gates you have to go through - in Australia we have them in pretty much every important government building from local courts up. Surely a Parliamentary committee would have some form of security?

And if they did have some security, one would assume they didn't frisk down a certain 80-year old walnut-faced ocker? Or didn't frisk down someone in his entourage?

Because you would never engineer a stunt like this to garner public sympathy at a critical moment, would you?

That would be like, oh, I don't know, bribing police, or hacking crime victims phones, or interfering with democratic process by using your influence over a wide range of media. It would certainly display a high level of cynicism and disdain for any authority other than your own. Which you buy; because you are every, very wealthy.

8. Sim
    Black Helicopters

Who is the mysterious Mr Ginger ?

http://adloyada.typepad.com/adloyada/2011/07/my-day-alongside-murdochs-pie-chucker.html

9. david willis
    Facepalm

Infamy, Infamy, They've all got it In for me.

Well it looks like somebody will get a criminal record, and possibly a fine for their actions during the phone hacking case.

Excuse the pun but I'm sure that the met will throw the book at the pie thrower, even if it is only to distract attention from their own failings.

I don't think the bard himself could have written such a story of such devious, seft centred, nepotistic hedonism, that combines tradgedy and farce in equal measure leaving the audience feeling both sick and bemused.

10. Jim 59

Go Wendi!

Clearly Mrs Murdoch is not a woman to be trifled with. Ads for Marbles, what a tw*t.

11. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge
    FAIL

Pie

The Bill Gates one is so much better.

This one's a damp squib - you can't see anything worth seeing, just people getting excited for some reason.

12. Mike Smith
    Trollface

Bet Rupert must be wondering...

...what the hell he pays the police for.

13. Ginolard
    Joke

I guess that was....

...the most humble pie day of his life.

/coat

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

UK Uncut

According to the Guardian they are saying

"This was a lone-wolf, solitary action," said a key organiser in UK Uncut, a tax-avoidance campaigner group. "None of us knew anything about this. This has got nothing to do with UK Uncut."

.... just a single person doing something wrong all on their own and none of the rest of us had any idea it was going on .... remind me, where have I heard that before!

15. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

MP hearing

Murdoch Pie?

16. Purlieu

In a few days

... it'll emerge that Murdoch's bunch paid this guy to do it ?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"custardy"

Nice to see the Reg stepping into the breach and giving us bylines worthy of the NOTW

18. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Best line of the day..

From the flingers girlfriend:

'No funny, not clever, not your girlfriend'..

19. Mostor Astrakan

So...

The start of the program saw Murdoch Senior playing the "I'm too important to know this shit" game and his son spouting bullshit like an agricultural machine, trying like anything to deny that the whole spying and illegal wiretapping was nothing to do with them, honest, guv. It was about two three hundred lone rogue reporters, and being ripped to shreds for it.

And yet, we are now discussing whether Mrs. Murdoch used her right or her left hand to bitch-slap the git who tried to cream-pie Murdoch Sr.

Does anyone actually remember any of the bullshit coming from Murdoch Jr? Does anyone *mention* it in any discussion of yesterday's proceedings?

Well done, that man. If Rupert isn't paying him, he should be.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bag of nails

If the flinger had used something useful like a piece of 4x2 with six inch nails hammered through it, it might have been appreciated. But the useless git gave that loathsome, Septic Aussie reptile the excuse he needed to 'forget most of the salient points.

The parliamentary committee had about as much teeth as cuddly toy. The limp-wristed flan-flinger should be hauled over the coals, just to make sure they're hot enough so the Murdochs, Brooks, Coulson, Scameron, et al, get badly burnt.

21. b166er

Tabloid incident

Mrs Murdoch should be up for assault.

1. Mr Young

Naaaah, don't think so?

The clown perp deserved a slap regardless I would say? I wonder if the cops are reading training manuals about stairs and stuff while she finishes him off in a cell? shudder...

22. Syed
    Coat

Has anyone else noticed?...

Rupert Murdoch = Mr Burns

Wendi Deng Murdoch = Smithers

James Murdoch = Frank Grimes

23. Openminded Cynic
    FAIL

Cake would have been more appropriate than pie.....

The cake is a lie.

24. TheImposter
    Happy

...and now play the game!

And now you can have a go yourself! Visit http://imposter.siteinseconds.com and see how well you can do!!!

You get 30 seconds to stop as many phones being hacked as possible by throwing a pie at him! Tweet your score!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.