back to article Brewer bashes Beeb over anti-beer bias

A Cumbria brewer has levelled serious charges against the BBC that it is deliberately ignoring beer in favour of imported plonk. Dave Bailey, of the Hardknott brewery in Millom, reckons the Corporation's foodie output is heavily biased towards wine, and is therefore "deliberately and recklessly damaging the UK economy by its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Rose a mix of red and white?

I think not. The grapes are "red" skinned but "white" inside. You can make a white wine from them (chuck the "red" skins away straight after pressing), or red (skins stay throughout fermentation) or rose (macerate until it's as red as you want).

It's a bit like saying that if you mix stout and lager you get bitter. Speaking of which, mine's a Pedigree.

1. Real Ale is Best
      Boffin

Not completely true.

Rosé champagne, in particular, is (apart from a few exceptions) made by making a red still wine, a white still wine, and mixing them to the desired colour and taste. More yeast is then added, and its decanted into champagne bottles for secondary fermentation to take place.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Beer? Wine?

I haven't drank in years. I haven't missed it. I have plenty of blackmail material from those incapable of going for a night out without downing at least 4 pints.

Makes office life interesting if I'm feeling vindictive

3. Andy 30

@ Robert Carnegie

Assuming you are starting off with a Real Ale, the correct saying is "You drink it, you piss it out, they collect it, carbonate it, call it Lager and serve it to someone else"

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like