back to article Oracle kills Sun.com after starvation diet

Oracle is killing Sun.com, the online home of Sun Microsystems and one of the oldest dot-com domain names. An entry on the Oracle's OTN Garage says that sun.com will be decommissioned on June 1. The closure comes after Sun's new owner, Oracle, moved most of the content on BigAdmin, OpenSolaris.com, and some sections of Sun …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Sad.

I cut my teeth on a Sparc IPC. Still have an Ultra 2 running under the desk. I used to comb all over those Sun pages back in the day. Anyone remember those FE handbooks for referencing part numbers?

Paris Hilton

Sun Docs

Yay! This was on the OpenSolaris twitter feed...

OTN_Garage List of all #Sundocs migrated to OTN, with part numbers. Google "<part-num> site: oracle.com" to find your doc: http://bit.ly/eePgy5

Makes you wonder about the human race, how we seem determined to take retrograde steps. Betamax vs. VHS, Microsoft vs. {INSERT COIN}, Bazooka Bubblegum vs. Hubba Bubba

Seriously if ZFS isn't around in 10 years I'm going to be seriously pissed off.

Paris - 'cause the SUN still shines out of her arse even when up on consecutive drug charges

Linux

Good ridddance

Shower of bums - they set their team of legal beagles on me for my use of a domain with "sun" in the title - good riddance McNealey you f%£$£*g parasite

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums