back to article Galileo euro-satnav 'driven by French military', says sacked CEO

The classified US diplomatic cables allegedly leaked to the world by American private soldier Bradley Manning have caused ructions in Europe this week: the CEO of a German firm building satellites for the Galileo satnav project has been fired for apparently telling US diplomats that Galileo is a waste of taxpayers money and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Graham Marsden
    Dead Vulture

Once again...

... Lewis Page gives us his standard "Why would anyone want anything that isn't US manufactured and supplied and to which they have the keys to?" spiel...

Here's a hint, Lewis. I'll sell you a car, but reserve the right to tell you when and where you can drive it if I feel like it.

Is that ok by you?

2. Andrew Jones 2

have to wonder.....

Will "our" system also have a feature to degrade accuracy over specific areas of the world? Might not seem a lot of point with the number of other services there will be - but it might not hurt to design it in....

3. Potemkine Silver badge

Self defence

"with GPS already free and as dependable as most people could reasonably ask for" - at least as long as the Pentagon says so! If Europe wants to be free and strong, it has to be independent.

It's weird to see that so many in UK trust US so blindly to give the Pentagon the keys of their nuclear arsenal, and rely on the US to defend its national soil.

In UK there is a constant euro-bashing in the name of independence when in the facts it is a US poodle. How weird.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

re: constant euro-bashing

There's plenty of pro-European anti-USA-imperialism thought in the UK too, but I guess that's just not as amusing as stuff like the Tea Party shenanigans so doesn't get as much exposure.

4. Alan Brown Silver badge

A400 - lewis is right

It's too big for frontline work and too small for infrastructure haulage.

A horse designed by committee

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like