back to article WikiLeaks.org resurrected in US of A

Update: This story has been updated to show that PayPal shut WikiLeaks' account after reading a letter sent to WikiLeaks by the US government. Wikileaks.org has reappeared in the US of A, after American outfit Dynadot picked up the site's DNS service. On December 3, WikiLeaks' primary URL vanished after its previous DNS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Hmmmm Joe Lieberman..

US Senator Joe Lieberman - I bet when he was a teenager, and all the boys sat around saying, "I was that far from a headjob last night" - he was the one who said "I got one".

Now he has continued this fine tradition in the service of his country.

What ever happened to sticking arseholes in the stocks in the middle of the town square and pelting them HARD with nasty stuff?

1. yeehaw....
      Pint

The Stocks

...would damage their self-esteem and we can't have that.

Lordy.....

On a side note, started Everquest up again.... 68 SK LFG....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"America should give Assange a medal"

Interesting take on it here:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/61f8fab0-06f3-11e0-8c29-00144feabdc0,s01=1.html#axzz182N9peXP

3. mark l 2 Silver badge

Death to Assange?

If the US of A do call for the death penalty for Assange then he WONT be extridited because its against EU Human rights law to extridite someone to a country where they may get tortured or killed as a result of that extrodition.

The whole thing is a proper farce, although Wikileaks may have been the first to publish the documents the new york times also published them and the US gov haven't called for Rupert Murdoch to be arrested, I wonder why? Oh its because he has more polictical power than any of the political parties and his massive media empire and millions of dollars in the bank would buy him the best lawyers that would result him in not only getting off scot free but probably getting compensation from the government for his trouble

1. david wilson

@mark l 2

>>"If the US of A do call for the death penalty for Assange then he WONT be extridited because its against EU Human rights law to extridite someone to a country where they may get tortured or killed as a result of that extrodition."

And all the USA has to do to clear that hurdle is give an assurance not to seek a death penalty.

Sure, they *could* go back on that promise, but if they did, they'd risk pissing all over the chances of future extraditions in *possible* capital cases, even for people they had no desire to execute.

Assange isn't the sodding Messiah, and doesn't seem important enough to risk that for.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

the truth

"WikiLeaks’ illegal, outrageous, and reckless acts have compromised our national security and put lives at risk around the world." - which is also what the US did with its own citizens by placing their war machine into Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan on some wierd crusade - strangely nothing happened to Saudia Arabia and Yemen - both far more involved in eg 9/11 or other terrorism operations worldwide...but thats probably because...as the leaked documents show, the US has some VERY heavy investments in those areas....

the leaks expose corruption and dodgy activities... if the government and armed forces dont do anything dodgy, illegal etc then they have no leaks to fear. noone wants to read about day to day boring stuff...they want the juice, the nasty and the down-right wrong.

I'm just hoping that sense will prevail....it would take a man of courage and true belief to give Manning the good slap he deserves and then state that the freedoms of the USA should be the freedoms of the world...no country should be at the end of its tyranny - and highlighting the wrongs of the USA is an act that needed to be done.

I seriously doubt that Pres. Obama is the man to do this...or man enough to do this, but a future president would be the most powerful man if he would pardon Manning

5. Inachu
    Megaphone

Putting innocent people in Jepardy????

Tell that to Dick Cheney

6. Spider
    Unhappy

Not the first

Assange was way behind in the race to publish classified material.... I believe Woodward & Bernstein were there before him. I guess Palin would describe them as terrorists as well.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like