back to article 15K Wikileaks docs 'potentially more explosive,' US frets

The Pentagon says many of the classified documents not yet published by Wikileaks contain material that's “potentially more explosive, more sensitive” than the huge trove of leaked records that has already prompted conniptions in military circles, The Washington Post reports. Pentagon officials have identified some 15,000 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

What are they waiting to release them?

Are they wiki-LEAKS or wiki-play-silly-games-with-the-white-house?

We want to read something of substance like the Pentagon's paychecks to Bin Laden (just a guess)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

sadly, some real naivety here in the posts...

... wouldn't it be great if democracy really did work & we were in charge of our own destiny?

Alas, this isn't the case. This is the reason Wiki-leaks exist.

Kudos to them for taking such an incredibly brave stance, however, extreme caution needs to be exercised - I really hope they play their hand responsibly and effectively.

The powers that be *will* try to catch Wiki-leaks with blood on their hands, that's a no-brainer.

Lets just hope there's some good lawyers (is there such a thing?) at hand.

The best thing we can hope for, aside from our troops coming home, is that history is written correctly. History hopefully will record that Western forces were involved in the area primarily for material and strategic gain. Any BS about 'the democratisation of Afghanistan' is just that.

God, how I wish our government would just damn well fess up about our position in the middle east - it's so frikkin' obvious, it hurts to see all this shit go down and hear complete BS about 'helping these countries toward democracy' - BUNK, utter utter SHIT.

... ahem, I'll get my coat...

3. Dylan Fahey
    Paris Hilton

Pentagon Internet Cat NO LIKES the wikileak monster!

Pentagon Internet Cat NO LIKES the wikileak monster!

All your docs are belong to us.

No one likes a dirty war. The pentagon does not like it when they don't get to control 100 percent of any war's presentation to the public. If the public gets disillusioned (meaning they see war for what it is), then the funding will be cut off. The right wing industrial complex in the USA cannot stand for that, oh no, they can't.

No one is being 'outed' on wikileaks. The docs are being screened. Wiki just wants people to know that the war is not 'clean', that innocent people are being killed outright, and the news organizations are NOT showing that to you, the citizen, that is paying for all this bullshit.

I am a 20 year disabled vet, and it brings tears to my eyes when I see our fellow soldiers being killed for NOTHING. The whole point was to find Osama. Well, the joke is, "HOW MANY SOLDIERS DOES IT TAKE TO FIND OSAMA?" Apparently, it takes over a trillion dollars worth of soldiers to do it. My kids have lost a free college education, a free car, and maybe a free house because of this war. We could have set up solar power plants, water treatment facilities, and schools all over the planet. BUT NO. We spend our decedents cash on bombs. HOW STUPID IS THAT? The nerve we have, to call ourselves civilized. I'm embarrassed to even be called human. The waste is horrible and the real cost of this war is un-calculable at this point. Our grandchildren will HATE us. No doubt about it.

PARIS: This war is so stupid, even I see it for what it is.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.