back to article US $250m superbomber 'almost as good' as $8m robot

General David Petraeus - the famous US officer who oversaw the "surge" in Iraq and is now set to take over the war in Afghanistan - has delivered a stinging bitchslap to the US Air Force's fleets of heavy manned bombers. Petraeus says that a mighty 200 tonne, quarter-billion-dollar B-1 "Lancer" is "almost" as good as having a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

temporary British General in Charge?

I'm sure they'll live up to the reputation of their predecessors in the last three Afghan wars.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Grenade

we aint that bad

Hmm, Times were very different then, we were not able to adapt to an unusual style of war that is why we and the Russans lost.

But why would it be bad now, how many helecopters / planes have been shot down over there? to my knowledge none have been british, the Apachie Gun ships are doing an amazing job and they have my complete respect. Yes there are more americans over there but its the general attitude of the US to act like a bull in a china shop which helps create blue on blue and gets their helecopters shot down, we tend to be more reserved which im sure they dont like but a lot more of our boys an girls come home each year because of it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Don't worry, Iran's robots will save the day

Of course, Iran's robot is probably a photoshopped Honda Asino

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.80c425d08e43bd8ab419c2b2bb578795.141&show_article=1

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like