back to article Middle-aged sex is crap: Official

A study of 1,752 weary adults has shown that after the age of 45, it's downhill all the way when it comes to getting your end away. The rot actually sets in at 40, according to Kwai Garlic, which commissioned the survey. Three-quarters of those quizzed said that's the age at which sex started to become less of an earth-moving …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Atilla the Hun (No relation)
    Go

<smug mode>

That is all.

</smug mode>

2. Davey Bee

@ for what it's worth: 22 June 21:25

"I am 62. But look to be in my 40's -early 50's".

You self-deluded, conceited pillock. No you don't. And anyway, how could you know that? Oh sorry, I forgot - you probably continually ask people how old they think you are. And maybe they're nice to you. God help us all (and especially our daughters) from creeps that think they look young.

1. crowley
      FAIL

reality not congruent with your patronising

That's not impossible.

At 29, I got ID'd buying alcohol.

At 34, in a pub with a mate, got talking to some random and was asked what PhD I was doing... 'how old do you think I am?' I asked, the answer - 'err, 23 maybe?'.

My girlfriend is 30, and gets ID'd quite regularly.

Some of us just seem to grow old slower than others - get over it.

3. jake Silver badge

Around here (Sonoma, California)

The saying is "50 is the new 30". Sometimes "60 is the new 30".

I'm fiftyish, and in far better shape than I was in my mid-20s. Proper nutrition & decent exercise are the key.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

1. jake Silver badge

@Mike Flex

Well, they do say girls are good at figures ...

(I'd apologize if I were sorry, Sarah ... I seem to be channeling Vivian Stanshall these days ;-)

5. Doug Glass
    Go

"It6's Been A Hard Day's Night"

I'm 64 and I still love it. The problem is finding a partner (female) that can stay interested long enough. "Oh yes honey I .... Oh Look, a squirrel!"

6. Doug Glass
    Go

The Worst Sex I Ever Had ...

... was wonderful.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It all depends..

... On what kind of relationship you're in. I was getting it daily well into my 50s, often more than once, from an exceptionally enthusiastic younger woman whom I considered the best fcuk in the universe. Then one day things kind of fell off a cliff and it's never been the same since. That would have been ... hmm ... shortly after we got married.

AC because, well, I don't want to hear this read out in court one day.

8. Rattus Rattus

Nonsense

I have sex every night!

...wait, did they mean with someone else?

9. Dodgy Geezer Silver badge
    Dead Vulture

And the obligatory...

"I'm ninety-five, you know......"

"What was the question again?....."

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

while 64 per cent only make love with the lights off

That's because if they turn the lights on the young woman over the road will see them.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re. "Six in ten confessed they are "always ready for a nap straight after sex""

I thought that was normal for the five in ten of us known as men anyway?!?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Sissies

> one in 20 who now fear cardiac arrest if they attempt to relive past sexual glories

But what a way to go! 15 scantily clad bunnies, a waterfall of champagne, full brass band, the works!

Oh. You didn't have that? I pity you.

13. qwarty

middle aged sex is the best

At least thats how I read it, so long as you look after your health and avoid obesity. Apparently around 25% reckoned best sex after 40 - sounds about right to me.

The morality skew. Long term relationships, marriage, lots of positive to be said for it. But I've never personally heard anyone honestly claim a great sex life after 10-20 years as a couple. Just doesn't happen tho many pretend it does. Wonder how many in the survey would change their opinion if met someone new.

In otherwords interpreting survey as crap sex for under is 20s or whatever is just ageist twaddle.

1. John Sanders
      Thumb Up

In my case at least...

Frequency is less, but quality is much improved. My partner and I agree we're more satisfied than before. So in my case yes, it got better quality with age (much better than when on my 20+)

Children (specially little ones with tendency to sneak into your room at midnight) are a heavy sex deterrent.

14. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Sometimes.

I just have to feel some sympathy for those less fortunate in life than me.

This, on the other hand, is one of those times when I get to take the piss, wear a silly grin and feel very smug.

15. CaptainBlue
    Coat

Your Mileage May Vary

I shall join the smug mode: I left my wife when I was 47 and for the past year or so, having met and moved in with a woman who models part-time, I can honestly say my sex life is incredible.

16. BondGirl007
    Happy

Age is irrelevant

Your partner and your state of mind are the winning factors. I am 48 (f) and my partner is 51 (m). Sex has never been better and is sometimes not only every day but multiple times a day. When I was in my mid-twenties to mid-thirties, my partner was an awful person. The sex was just as awful and extremely infrequent.

I won't be trading my partner in anytime soon.

Not smug, just very, very happy.

17. Colin 4
    Thumb Up

Ironically, thats how many comments there were when i posted this .... I'm guessing there's not much of that going on either ....

18. In Bed

Too damn tired to finish?

If you Brits are too out-of-shape to finish sex, I can't even bear to imagine what the survey results would be like for my fellow fat-ass Americans. Yikes!

jill

In Bed With Married Women

http://inbedwithmarriedwomen.blogspot.com

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.