back to article Phillies fan tasered for field incursion

A 17-year-old Philadelphia Phillies fan, who "scurried around the outfield" during his team's clash with the St Louis Cardinals last night, had his home run attempt brought to an abrupt end by a solid tasering. The unnamed male jumped a fence and managed to dodge two security operatives before taking a high-voltage hit from a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. andy gibson

Wednesday Fans

are a bunch of nasty, fickle thugs.

I was in a cashpoint queue about two months ago with Etienne Esajas in front of me and he was getting some right abuse from a fan who'd "been a supporter since the day he was born". The verbal towards Esajas continued, with him eloquently responding to the fan's concerns.

The fan ended the argument with "I pay your wages so go back to where you f*cking come from you f*cking w*g".

Wish I'd have had a taser, that "fan" and his mates wouldn't have been so big and clever laid on the floor, hopefully having soiled themselves after a tasering.

I'm a Blade BTW.

1. Mark Scorah
    Grenade

Why don't they just...

draft in the local rugby (league or union matters not) club players in their off season to be stewards just like they do at the cricket. Oh yeah I remember american rugby needs all sorts of pads and helmets, and a major misunderstanding of the legitimacy of forward passes.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Part of me

reckons that Bedfordshire plod could have done with some of this at Kenilworth Road the other day.

3. Hieronymus Coward

Zero tollerance...

...of pretty much anything these days it seem. Oh well... nothing to see here, move along.

I though people dicking around on the field/pitch was pretty much a highlight of most sporting events, and no I'm not talking about 99.9% of footballers - they are just dicks.

4. Velv
    Coat

Baseball Bats

OK, perhaps getting tased wasn't what he thought he would get, but surely he must have thought it was dangerous to run onto the pitch where there are ANGRY MEN with BASEBALL BATS.

1. The First Dave
      Alert

@Velv

The article clearly states that they thought it was funny, so not sure where you get ANGRY MEN from, and since the first thing you do in baseball when you start running is to THROW AWAY your bat, I don't really think your point is valid.

On a similar note - if the cop had only had a firearm, would it have been appropriate to use that? If not, then it wasn't appropriate to discharge a semi-lethal weapon either.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.