back to article Daily Mail reader out-tw*ts the Tw*t-O-Tron

Fans of the Twat-O-Tron will be delighted and disturbed in equal measure to learn that one Daily Mail commenter has managed to surpass the hideous turdspurts which emanate from Middle England's automated indignation generator. It's inevitable that any story regarding the murderers of James Bulger will arouse strong feelings, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Steve Roper

And that's been true since Shakespeare...

Foolery, sir, does walk about the orb like the sun; it shines everywhere.

1. James 5

It's a joke....

.. there's another comment from Pritesh Hathalia that says:

"since coming to your country I have seen this again and again, the Britsh people are weak innit and so is their justice system. I'n my country this boy would be lynched by the local residents from a peepil tree. You people could learn alot from a more civilised nation like India."

Pritesh Hathalia, Leicester, 8/3/2010 11:51

I wonder what "Pritesh Hathalia" translates as ?

1. JimmyPage Silver badge
      Troll

...a quick chat with my offshore team ...

tells me Pritesh=loveable (Hindi) ...

Hathalia ... no idea

2. Throatwobbler Mangrove
      Paris Hilton

I don't speak Hindi...

...or any other South Asian language, but my guess is "Pritesh Hathalia" translates as "cognitive dissonance", as in what happens in the Daily Wail reader's mind when reading that comment: "hate foreigners - but also must whine about namby pamby punishments - but can't agree with Asians - but want to string people up - but can't stand immigrants - cannot reconcile contradictory desires oh my God I can't - "

<head asplodes>

2. CynicalOptimist
    Pirate

Sharia Law.. it's too good for em'

I like how the Mail is simultaneously pro harsh punishments for criminals (death penalty, long custodial sentences, life-means-life etc) while being anti Sharia law. If the Mail was consistent, it would launch a campaign to have Sharia law introduced in Britain, instead of writing scare-mongering articles about it. But then if the Mail was consistent, rational or logical about anything it would have fewer readers than the Independent.

1. Les Matthew

Re: Sharia Law.. it's too good for em'

Ah, but it's their Sharia law. Not ours. ;)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Teenage menace

It would sort out the Hoodie Teenage menace problems of the country.......... no more 'yeah mon', 'innit' etc. Hang them or hung them, or errm hanged them before they even get to teenagers.

4. John Lilburne
    WTF?

Hang the newspaper editors and proprietors

Why do we HAVE to know what he did or is suspected to HAVE done.

He's behind bars the police are investigating, they'll bring him to court in due course if he has in fact done anything wrong.

Why the press feel its incumbent upon them to feed salacious stories to there peadophile readers is beyond me. Lock them all up.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Translate "Pritesh Hathalia",...

comes up as "Chris Morris". Spooky!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

At the risk of sounding unsympathetic,...

why doesn't James Bulgers mother just shut up and go away already? Yes, it was terrible, Yes those responsible were / are vermin, Yes, it was emotive and stressfull at the time, but she has the whole victim / justice thing done and dusted 15 yrs ago, now she is in danger of becoming a celebrity victim.

Unless Venables has specifically threatened her or her family, she should garner support from her friends and family through this obviously stressful time, rather than posturing and gobbing off on morning TV about her supposed "right to know".

7. Steven Jones

Representative?

I'm fascinated by just how many people take one comment by one person as somehow indicative of the readership of an entire paper or, for that matter, the views of a large part of society. The comment in question appears to be the second worst rated one and there are many far more reasoned views on the comment list than this one.

It might also come as some suprise to many that "conservative" social views are hardly confined to hwat is deemed to be core Daily Mai readership.

1. Goat Jam
      Pint

Hello

You must be new here.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

errrrr

speaking as someone who knows this guy, irony does not come into the equation. Pig ignorance and pig headedness? in spades.

Shit no pigs . . no pigs

dammit, too late

Mines the one with me hiding behind it

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: errrrr

Really?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

re: re: errrr

I think either this poster should be given his own column "thoughts of Hitesh"

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

A source of innocent merryment

In the USA they are in-bred Southern whites. In Blighty they are brain-damaged Daily Fail readers.

My moggie is almost as amusing...

10. cosmogoblin
    Troll

Appalling comments

Quite frankly, I'm appalled by many of the comments on this article.

Intelligent people should know better, and I find these ideas increasingly worrying. Are we heading back to the Middle Ages, for crying out loud?

English is governed by common usage, and during the 20th century, "hung" and "hanged" have both become acceptable.

Am I the only person on the Internet with an ounce of common sense?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

A Good Thrashing

"We should have hung them when they were ten"

--- My parents would have given me a good thrashing for writing that. The word is *hanged*

12. pctechxp

missing the point

Sure you can all lay into a commentard reading the daily mail (I don't read it by the way)

But the real issue here is why Venables and Thompson were walking the streets.

I am in favour of the death penalty for murder and 25 years for domestic violence whether it be man or woman

1. Matt2012

Because they were 10 years old at the time

In a decent society you treat criminal behaviour at that age as treatable no matter what it is. However it would niot surprose me if they received very little quality treatment whilst in jail.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well

All right-thinking people know taht this communist govemrent are trying to kill us all because they have been incompetent since day 1... All true brits should call in the army now... No doubt thsi is illegal under the eu human rights act!!!!!

Whydo Webother glos, United Kingdom

14. Sonny Jim
    Alert

I've just found a way to make the Daily mail comment tolerable

It's simple, just click on "Worst Rated" and voila! Some kind of sense shines through:

"Ah, I draw those kind of pictures all the time, and I'm 41 year of age!

"I think any newspaper that reveals his identity should be fined double the cost of him having to have another. Nothing is to be gained by it. If he due in court for another crime then he should be judged on that crime and if found guilty then his past IE a life sentance in private should be taken inro account. I would rather the papers get back to the important news on how this country is going to deal with a forthcoming election." <- This got voted DOWN 130 times

"The damage done by a dysfunctional home is immense and varied, but it's so much easier to focus on how Venables and Thomspon failed Jamie Bulger rather than how society failed Venables and Thompson isn't it...."

And another gem from Pritesh Hathalia, although I smell a wind up...

"since coming to your country I have seen this again and again, the Britsh people are weak innit and so is their justice system. I'n my country this boy would be lynched by the local residents from a peepil tree. You people could learn alot from a more civilised nation like India."

15. Long Fei
    Thumb Up

Ha!

turdspurts! ROFL. Great word.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.