back to article Microsoft tests show no Win 7 battery flaw

Microsoft says that extensive testing and conversations with OEMs indicate that Windows 7 is handling notebook batteries exactly as intended - despite user claims that upgrades to the new OS have caused significant degradation to battery life. As we reported in late January, various laptop owners - including a string of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. ZenCoder

Score one for Windows 7

Windows 7 is just making users aware that batteries do in fact have quality control issues like any other product and that some wear out sooner than others.

2. jbabybulldog
    Thumb Up

I haven't noticed a change

I haven't noticed a change in my laptop battery life, but I have a friend who just bought a brand new Gateway and immediately her battery meter says 7% battery life. When she plugs it in to the power adapter it doesn't change, still shows 7%.

Btw great blog I'm in a class where we are learning to create blogs and yours is the first site I found that had interesting useful information. Thanks

3. Wortel

Bull

I´d like to see their so called results and compare them to the rest of the world. NEW batteries being reported as ´degraded´ by win7 smells like a software issue. I have yet to find, after 8 years and 44 notebooks with 32 more on the way within the next 3 months, a DEAD factory installed battery. I have only replaced 4 batteries just this week because capacity was below 30%. only 4 after all these years.

1. steve 44
      Stop

Bigger sample size requried......

I've found dozens of dead "new" batteries in laptops. Then again, I was a laptop engineer for about 4 years so i've seen hundreds if not thousands of the bloody things. Maybe you need a bigger sample size........................

4. Graham Wood

Wonder if I should check mine properly.

I've got an "oldish" laptop that W7 tells me has a dead battery - and within 5 minutes of shifting to battery it turns itself off. I'm pretty sure that XP would run for > half an hour...

Will try an ubuntu liveCD and see what happens.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like