back to article Tories swallow Web 2.0, spit out £1m crowdsource prize

The Tories are waving a £1m taxpayer-funded crowdsourcing prize under the noses of developers to produce a website that can "harness the wisdom" of voters to "resolve difficult policy challenges". According to shadow culture secretary and ex-tech PR man Jeremy Hunt, the prize money would be paid for out of Cabinet Office …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Joke

Why bother...

Just legislate whatever the Sun editorial says!

Easy.

When do I get my £1 million?

2. Adrian Jackson
    Badgers

If there's anyone who thinks this might be a good idea...

All we need to do to fix them is get them to read the BBC 'Have Your Say' page for a couple of days. Pretty soon they'll be as violently against the 'wisdom of the masses' as the rest of us.

I mean, I thought I was *joking* when I said I was looking at it to see how many posts it took for someone to try and blame Gordon Brown for the snow (it was two, as it happens...)

3. Robert Grant

Democracy...

...is not everyone getting a say in everything. It's electing leaders who you think are bright enough to spend their days considering big issues which you don't have time to do because you have your own job. It's completely expert-oriented.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Sad but true.

The Tory Party exists purely for self-centric satisfaction.

It exists for the few by the few and that is why it jumps up and down for small life premiers such as Major or Thatcher.

It cares not a jot about the common people apart from they are eminently expendable and equally eminently taxable for the benefit of a few, an elite few.

That is why the Tories will never, ever grasp the concept of funded by the public for the public. It runs contrary to Tory mindset of funded by the public for the few, the very few.

It is also the mindset that manifested a tea party and lost the Americas (they had far too much decisive insight).

It also aspires, is attracted to and shares its elitism with the present working of the House of Lords.

Should Cameron ever wish to make manifest his words and meanings it would be better for him to join either Labour or Lib-Dems mattering not a jot what he chooses other than Tory elitism.

Elitism in the UK has been publicly funded, was a strong factor in the old Liberal Party and commonality with notions of public ownership of what was exacted from the public is a truism of Labour Party as was the colonials under no taxation without representation.

Make no doubt about it: Toryism is taxation without representation, publicly funded without public access to it whatever it may be, is elitist in sense and baseness.

This new fandango about Tory NHS is merely a sham coverup of Tory total non-commital to NHS since it was formed.

I pity your memory.

Government by the people for the people OR government by the few, very elite few for the benefit of the few, very few?

It is your choice UK - don't muff it and take the Americas as your aspirant dream?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

The Tories will never change

Have a look at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8440538.stm

While the Tories introduce competitive (that is global supply laws on local governments) laws for provisioning supplies, fuel and such like they are quite happy to protect their own elite few in the land owning bit that includes farmers and farming.

They will say owt and predictably do what they always have done and always will: to look after the interests of the few paid from the pockets of the many.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Interim conclusion?

There can't be many Tory party supporters reading el reg else they are keeping pretty schtum about it (can't blame them really).

Nah then, spin.

The absolute past masters of spin are (wait for it ... ) guess who?

Not masters of spin for a year or two, not even a decade or three.

Hint: try thinking in terms of centuries.

Hint again: bif Tory press owned by ... well I am sure you get the picture and probably need an example.

Example

The Party of low taxation.

What this means in effect is that it is less costly to charge the public for something that goes to an elite few than it does if it goes to the whole public.

Seemplz Tseech innit?

If one wishes to charge the public that goes as a service to the whole public well it is likely to cost dosh - lots of dosh.

Now if one wishes to charge the public for a service that goes to an elite few well, why of course it will cost less and the few will have even greater service. I mean, it's only natural innit!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.