back to article 3 billion have suffered Slade's 'Merry Xmas Everybody'

The PRS for Music has chillingly announced that Slade's Merry Xmas Everybody could have been heard by 42 per cent of the world's population - a cool three billion souls whose lives have been enriched by Noddy Holder and chums' ubiquitous Yuletide anthem. The song has apparently already been enjoyed in 47 countries around the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. shay mclachlan

Silent night

Silent Night by the Dickies. No namby pamby warbling there.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"huge representation of Santa formed from empty whisky bottles"

pics or it never happened!

3. bexley

has nobody made any christmas music since the late 70's?

I have wondered for years why we all appear to be stuck in an audio time-loop come christmas time.

Why do we always go back slade every year, sure, i know pretty much every christmas song has been naff but it's not as if that slade riff is any better, it makes me clench my teeth every year when it play's in all the shops.

I have even been known to walk into a shop, then walk straight out again to avoid that song.

bah humbug

4. Richard 102
    Grenade

On the other hand, ...

... how about we listen to Father Christmas by The Kinks? Always good for the season.

5. Steve Smith 5

Ok, it's a bit cheesy but...

it beats the f**k out of anything produced by x-factor hands down. Then again a dog farting into a microphone would be a better listening experience than any x-factor sh*te.

6. Steve Roper

I escaped!

Luckily where I work we don't play music in the office, and if people want to listen to music they do it on earphones. So I've never heard this song (and I didn't click on the video in the article either!). And since I always wear earphones when I'm shopping to block out the store music I'm not likely to!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Oh I'm soo depressed

Miserable bunch of feckers aren't you all? It might not be high art but it's damn good for it's purpose, if it wasn't then it wouldn't still be being played would it now..

FFS, I'd rather have Slade played ad-nauseum than whatever shit has escaped from Simon Bowel or any of the other vapid fuckers he does business with.

In fact, can we have them slayed?

Paris.. All I want for Christmas

8. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

New Christmas Appeal

Slade: the background music to your shopping experience for 3 months of 30 years.

Make it stop.

Somebody please make it stop. How about the other 4 billion who've never heard it have a quick whip-round to pay for it never to receive any more air time, ever? I feel a new festive charity appeal gaining momentum already.

"Do you have unwanted gold in your house?" Oops. Wrong appeal. "Have you never heard Slade at Christmas? Or in the three months leading up to it? Consider yourself lucky. For just £2 a month you can ensure that 3 billion people never have to endure this aural blight again. Please, give a moment of your time and £2 a month to make Christmas for 3 billion people less cheesy and predictable."

Sit back, and watch the CASH roll in!

9. pctechxp
    Grenade

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH not agan!

This dreadful bilge is on a par with I wish it could be Christmas every day by Roy Wood and Wizzard and of course Boney M

The only Christmas track I can just about stand is Farytale of New York by The Pogues but in another couple of years that'll be on the list too.

When I hear this in a shop I cant help wishing for a shotgun to take out every speaker I can find.

10. Yorkshirepudding
    Flame

Better than

the shit that x-factor pump out each year

More CHEESE!

1. Richard 39

RATM

come on EL Reg where's your article on Rage Against the Machine currently beating the Xfactor pleb in sales? It's IT related because 750,000 facebook members are downloading it!

I demand a Reg spin on this hot topic :-)

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Christmas just Ain't Christmas.......

.....Until you hear Noddy sing........

1. tiggertaebo
      Troll

couldnt agree more

but I've heard that track far too many times and I'm still waiting for something that qualifies as "singing"

12. WotIfink

Be honest...

Don't you wish you'd written Noddy's song?

If he's had enough royalty from it already for his pension pot, I'd be happy to help ease the burden by taking the remainder...

Anyway, its a good fun song and I just wish he'd get back together with the others so I could hear it live...

13. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

seriously ..

a long discussion about Christmas songs and no-one mentions Kevin Bloody Wilson?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.