back to article US data firm blows s**t out of server

This will cheer up those backroom boys among you who've ever had a strong desire to let a server have it with an arsenal of weapons, but didn't have a Springfield Armory M14, Heckler & Koch MP5 or IMI Uzi to hand: Marvellous, and we offer a round of applause to keepgoing.biz, which promises to protect your data in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. asdf
    Flame

Re: To All Those Scared to Pick Up a Gun and Shoot IT

I agree shooting guns is fun and have very fond memories of hunting as kid back when we still actually had game in the midwest (before all the rich asshole yuppies showed up). It does suck that % .001 of the retards ruin it for everyone else. No need to worry about any gun bans though even the left is scared of that one and besides considering there is probably more guns than people in America it would take at least 200 years to get rid of the guns even if we banned em tommorrow.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Simulated Depth Charge Testing

Here's an example of a simulated depth charge explosion (what the US Navy calls a "Barge Test") showing that an ATCA blade chassis survived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XZ9nj3ST1Y

3. dr_forrester
    Grenade

And haven't we all...

Had days we wanted to go do that?

Off to send the video to MythBusters. No idea quite what they'd do with it, but I'm sure they could figure something out.

4. Frank Bough
    Thumb Down

I Really Hope

there was no-one sneaking around in the woods beyond that rack. WTF is wrong with these twats? Consider another potential client alienated.

5. David Eddleman

Re: Dalen

It's not that hard, depending upon the state you live in. If you live in a state that doesn't prohibit the use of suppressors, you just fill out a form, send it to the ATF, pay a fee, and there you go, you get a tax stamp to transfer or construct a suppressor to you. That's it. It's expensive, sure, but not that hard.

6. MichaelZWilliamson

It's a commercial

Suppressors ("Silencers") can be bought easily in Finland and the UK, are readily available in the US but require a $200 transfer tax to BATFE. Full auto are available, but the cheapest start at $3500, and the .50 M2HB shown is about $35,000 (Plus the $200 transfer fee, plus ammo at $3.50 per round X 550 rounds per minute).

Seeing as there were professional cameras around, and it's at a well-known range, I assume they did, in fact check the backstop (It looks like a range I use up here in Indiana, that has a 1 mile clear zone...which I need with the .50).

It's a commercial. It's designed to draw attention, not be an accurate scenario.

And the only people who try to compare firearms to willies are those with small willies who are jealous.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like