Feeds

back to article Musos demand Guantanamo Bay playlist

A coalition of musicians is demanding the US government cough a list of tracks allegedly used to torture inmates of Guantanamo Bay, as former prisoners claim they were subjected to the Bee Gees, Britney Spears and Sesame Street at "ear-splitting level". According to the Telegraph, the National Security Archive in Washington has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Happy

I can think of some "musicians"

who should be forced to follow up with an extended tour at gitmo.

Also, CIA vs. RIAA; who do you want to lose?

Bronze badge
Grenade

Gitmo Playlist

I am curious if this play list contains one of my most hated songs.

It is titled "Fishheads". If I am not mistaken, it came out in the late 80's here in merika.

I would rather NOT know who performed it.

If you really want to torture those "enemy combatants", then @Anonymous Coward Posted Friday 23rd October 2009 15:17 GMT hit it on the head. Hebrew music for Muslims, that has to be torture.

(sarcasm)

For a truly cruel and unusual punishment, perhaps Lily Allen could head there for a live performance before they close up shop. If she went into one of her profanity laden diatribes during the performance, that would end up being 'just icing on the cake'.

(/sarcasm)

FAIL

Re: Track I'd least like to be tortured with?

I'm pretty sure Dick Cheney might say, "We didn't include any tracks from Barney and Friends, so technically, it wasn't torture."

Grenade

Just a thought

Barbra Streisand

Pitchshifted and played either at 2X or 3/4 speed.

Or you could just be an evil bastard and mash up some

Genghis Tron with Einstürzende Neubauten , Aphex Twin and Faust and play that.

Anonymous Coward

Did they legally own the music...

... or use pirated/illegal copies? Love to see RIAA chasing US.GOV after an IP address traced back to GITMO was implicated in illegal file sharing

Gold badge

John Cage

With the volume turned right up, of course.

Alternatively, and more in line with the other suggestions, I once heard "Silent Night" by a heavy metal band (it must have been on the John Peel show) which was truly Awesome. Sadly I don't remember who perpetrated that particular crime against music. (Early 80s, I think, if anyone wants to help out.)

rc

'Musicians' should be careful what they ask for.

This could open the way for a flood of law suits against these groups that have been torturing the public with their music for years. "You see your honor, I was in the elevator going to the 24th floor. There was Britney Spears music playing and I couldn't escape." Oh, the humanity....

It will be good to get out in the open what most of us have known for years. That a lot of this crap isn't music, it's torture. Go ahead 'artists', make our day.

Silver badge
Coat

Thank God for small mercies

At least they didn't use The Crazy Frog.

Or did they? . . . . .

@ Fatman

These fish heads... were they roly-poly by any chance?

Coat

@Jesthar

There's the Smellietubbies: Stinky Winky, Woopsie, Fart fart and Poo.

Well my 5 year old laughed.

Mine's the brightly coloured one with the TV screen on the tummy.

think again

If you think the US is going to pay royalties think again. First they said it happened on foreign soil . ue use in Cuba, oops thats right we don't recognize Cuba . Sue us on American soil , good luck with that, you need permission form the US gov to sue the US gov , they will just claim immunity.,

Troll

@Ken Hagan

That was Bon Jovi, last track from their second album 7800 fahrenheit, relased in 1985. The following year they had their brakthrough with the slippery when wet album was released.

As all good poodle rockers they had to include that one slow track for the late night dancing.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.