Feeds

back to article Beeb unveils new Doctor Who logo

The BBC has unveiled the new Doctor Who logo - due to grace the nation's small screens when Matt Smith takes over as the latest incarnation of the Time Lord in 2010. The new Doctor Who logo The Beeb explains that the revamped logo is the 11th to front the sci-fi series and the first overhaul since 2006. Before Smith gets the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

I absolutely love Dr, Who

Even the wife likes it, and she hates everything I like on the telly, we're just not telly compatible.

Here's hoping Donna Noble comes back, she was just fab.

Not super happy with the 15 year old Doctor and "girlfiriend". I'm sure my kids will like them though. A bit too much like twilight for my tastes - bloody useless "vampire" movie.

All I could hear was the wife and daughter swooning over yer man.

Well it could be worse

Actually .... no , it couldnt , if it was designed by a 4yr old with crayons.

As for the scriptwriting , its been weird seeing Doctor Who storylines rapidly runnning out of steam , and "Dead" characters reborn so quickly when they run out of ideas. Used to be the scriptwriting was ace and the sets were wooden. Now it seems the opposite.

Badgers

Yet more logo agreement

Each half is fine on its own, but I do agree with those who say that the "DW" part should be the actual police box.

Oh, and the Tardis has been slightly changed over the years: it originally had an extra marking – Maltese cross, or something like that – on the centre panel of the right-hand door (looking at it from outside).

As for the theme music: something approaching the original or its immediate replacement a bit more than the current version (the ending isn't quite right) would be nice :-)

Stop

In fairness to the BBC...

... the image shown in the article is probably a media / press release. For instance, the "DW" logo might be used for icons, book spines and possibly at the end of the credits sequence. (Apparently, the BBC recently introduced some harsh guidelines for those, hence the new theme and US-style rapid scrolling in Season 4.)

The main "Doctor Who" logo is likely to be the one we see in the opening titles, on BluRay / DVD covers, etc. Anywhere it'll fit without being too dominant. Where it won't fit, the smaller, "DW" icon is likely to be used instead. (E.g. on the spine of the DVD, and possibly near the small print stuff.)

In other words: It's extremely unlikely *both* will appear at the same time. And certainly not as shown.

Anonymous Coward

The last one was no better

A pretty horrible looking logo but so was the before it, and I got used to it. It is actually kind of nice it looks a little like the older series ones.

Honestly, this show hasn't really been able to hold my attention since Martha left. The last series was pretty bad, and the specials have been ho hum. Before that though, I really enjoyed it most of the time.

And say what you will about Davis (who I think is one of the series biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses), but this new direction looks even worse thus far. Hope I'm proved wrong. I miss being a Who fan. I'm staying as ignorant as I can about the whole thing, but everything I've seen hasn't left me impressed.

Thumb Down

Harumph !

The new logo is awful. In fact, the show has descended to such

dumbed-down depths of late that I'm surprised the Tardis isn't

made up with the letters DH for Doctor Hoo.

AND another thing..... How the frickin frick can there *ever* be a last

surviving member of a race who travel through time fercrissakes!!

Sheeez !

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.