Apple's oft-rumored tablet will appear in mid-2010, have a 10.7-inch display, run the iPhone OS, and "redefine print". That is, if recent reports by Gizmodo and iLounge are to be believed. Gizmodo cites a number of sources from the publishing industry who claim they have been in talks with Apple to provide content for a "new …
I'm not a gambler, but...
I'd be prepared to wager a couple of pounds (or Dollars) that we'll never see an iTablet.
All Apple's products are replacements for naff predecessors. Desktops, laptops, music players, phones, they all existed but were a bit naff. However, what they all had in common was potential - they filled a very real need.
But a tablet? There is no potential. It's a solution looking for a problem. If you try to think how you might improve a tablet through, you end up designing a laptop or a net-book or a large screen iPod.
My money's on either a small screen MacBook Air, or a larger screen iPod Touch.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base