Feeds

back to article Students get deep Windows 7 price break

With its deepest Windows 7 discounts yet, Microsoft is targeting students who might otherwise chose Apple. The company has announced qualified college and university students can obtain Windows 7 for just $30 in the US and 30 pounds in the UK. Students in the US can pre-order their copies from September 17 and download with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

"pay for your OS"

will, in the not too distant future, sound as quaint as "another quart of coal for the iron horse my good man."

FAIL

Brits getting a bad deal???...???

For those who complain that the Brits are getting a bad deal... Yes the deal is not as good as for the US, but what about the rest of the world... M$hafted again.

Microsoft is not looking at thing intelligently again. By continuously trying to offer deals for some and excluding others, M$ is upsetting the vast majority of the planet. Family packs for some, Student discounts for others (or same) etc. Many will use pirated software, even in the enterprise, like it is common practice in China and India.

Since M$ has the biggest share of the market place, it should be easier for them to make the cheapest OS.... Once it is cheap enough, China and India will be looking at purchasing instead of pirating.... Big customer base.

.ac.uk

Everyone in my college gets a free .ac.uk email, including all the teachers

Anonymous Coward

Reading skills

For people complaining that their school is not on the list,.

. A valid e-mail address given by a college or university must be used. An e-mail will be sent telling the student if he or she qualifies for the discount. Eligible students are allowed to purchase one copy of either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional from the online store.

They couldn't give...

Vista away when it was launched. I suppose this is a bit more realistic!

McD

Flame

Cool news but!

Still makes me angry as hell that one the first day sale of Windows 2000 the retail price for Windows 2000 was $700. Yes I did buy it.

Grrrr!!!!

I want a major discount coupon Microsoft!!!

All Students in College?

What about High School students?

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't ginned up a mascot for the elementary school set. Maybe Winny the Windows polar bear, because polar bears eat penguins, don'chya know?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.