back to article Microsoft pulls Windows 7 balloons from Euro 'launch parties'

Microsoft's mischievous marketing mavens are at it again, this time Photoshopping some of the fun out of its upcoming Windows 7 faux launch parties. As we reported last Friday, Redmond is sponsoring global launch parties for its upcoming operating system, set for release in late October. To enhance the festivities, they'll …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. The First Dave
    Grenade

@Drem

You beat me to it - the highlights on the head of the man nearest the front don't match the highlights on the balloons, making me think that they were a later addition to the photo to make it seem more festive, rather than the other way around.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I guess Canada should join the EU

The Canadian version is also devoid of ballons:

http://houseparty.com/splash/windows7ca

I suppose Canadian sensibilities are indeed more European than American after all...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quite simply...

the image looks better without the balloons, more balanced composition and no danger of them appearing to be rather odd headgear of the guy in the middle.

This time MS found someone who is half-decent with Photoshop to do it.

4. Will 3
    Go

Hey

So I noticed you credited me in the article. Can I put this on my CV now as investigative journalism?? :D

5. Mark Eccleston

Addition vs. Deletion?

How do we know that the balloons were not added to the US ad, rather than removed from the EU one?

6. Will 3
    Boffin

@ Addition Vs. Deletion?

Because if you look closely you can see that the British version is rather crudely clone-stamped to form the wall and curtains.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like