Feeds

back to article Vista and Lotus: Knowing when to let go of a brand

Microsoft spent an absolute fortune on the Vista brand. In marketing terms, the Vista campaign was huge by any standards, and was a big success insofar as raising awareness of Microsoft's next-generation Windows offering was concerned. Of course as we all know, things didn't work out too well for Microsoft. The the new features …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Thumb Down

As a long-term Notes-professional...

...I can only say that Domino does *not* kick ass. It's a dog. Sure, for mail it may scale into the thousands of user per server, but apps - no way. 200 users and 5.000 transactions per minute (as in Notes-RPC transactions - not a lot when converted to document-transactions) in a large database (800.000 documents) and that server is dead in the water regardless of specs - it's not a hardware bottleneck, it's designed into the software. A design flaw that has been there since time memorial and will NOT be fixed, according to the response we got to a PMR.

And don't get me started on documentation. Just an example: of the 1500-odd statistics available on how the server is really doing, less than half are documented in any meaningful sense of the word. Not even Google can help.

As for the R8 client, it's the most useless piece of bloatware I've ever had the misfortune to be abused by. At least with R3-R7 the performance was tolerable, if not exactly great. Now it's a joke. Laugh? I nearly started...

And the development tools always did, and still do, suck immensely. As a development environment it competes favorably with edlin, but that's about it - notepad vastly outpaces it in almost every way.

I'm migrating myself away from it as fast as possible. Maybe, just maybe, the wounds will scab over once the distance is great enough...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.