An Illinois bright spark, who decided the best way to check the level of combustible fluid in a petrol can was by using a cigarette lighter, ended up with a torched car and second-degree burns. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the unnamed 27-year-old woman was in a gas station in Joliet last week and "was filling up a gas can …
oh thats right, its in odds n sods. learn to read!
Not a Darwin Award, but a Darwin Honourable Mention
She doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award, as she survived and is (presumably) still able to reproduce. However, the Darwin Honourable Mention covers precisely cases such as hers: people who were life-threateningly stupid but lived to hear the tale told about them...
Oh I remember
when I got the job of Safety Officer at a City Council , because the accident rate was high and the Insurance Co. warned them that their premium was going to get jacked up 30% each year if they didn't improve.
My primary job was surveying and designing Sewer Systems , and I am not sure why that made me
the one selected .
t was interesting , learning about the ingenious ways people found to injure , main and kill themselves at work.
I found that those who injured themselves or damaged their vehicle were the most resistant to changing their attitude and practices .
Also spent a few years as a Volunteer Ambulance Officer, and found that crashing your car at high speed , putting your head through a glass door , and other such things was done by those seemed to intent on doing dangerous things until they terminated themselves.
Mostly after the session of drinking brain numbing liquids.
This is in New Zealand, so it seems to be world wide .
Fills gas can......$10
Fills auto with gas....$40
Burns up car and nearly station.................priceless
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads