The US District Court of Eastern Texas has granted an injunction to prevent Microsoft from selling copies of Word because it infringes a patent owned by another company. The long-running court case was brought by Canadian software firm i4i which won $200m in damages from Microsoft when a jury found it had willfully infringed a …
Well for starters XML is a stupid way to store almost anything. Just because something is XML it does not make it automatically compatible with anything. If you you want to define a standard for something like a Word Processor Document, that's fine, but please use a platform independent binary format... grrrr.
Software Patents Suck
To the mypoic and assorted fanbois who say, 'Cool!', think like rational critters, not like Twitter w@ts. If i4i pull this one off (they're probably in the bogs 'pulling one off' as I type) then this is bigger than just Microsoft. Only idiots would applaud this decision.
Software patents have always sucked. Software patents will always suck.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes