The US District Court of Eastern Texas has granted an injunction to prevent Microsoft from selling copies of Word because it infringes a patent owned by another company. The long-running court case was brought by Canadian software firm i4i which won $200m in damages from Microsoft when a jury found it had willfully infringed a …
Well for starters XML is a stupid way to store almost anything. Just because something is XML it does not make it automatically compatible with anything. If you you want to define a standard for something like a Word Processor Document, that's fine, but please use a platform independent binary format... grrrr.
Software Patents Suck
To the mypoic and assorted fanbois who say, 'Cool!', think like rational critters, not like Twitter w@ts. If i4i pull this one off (they're probably in the bogs 'pulling one off' as I type) then this is bigger than just Microsoft. Only idiots would applaud this decision.
Software patents have always sucked. Software patents will always suck.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it