back to article Gamers gun down Half-Life

If you hold the view that violent videogames encourage real-life violence, then stop reading now. Because Register Hardware’s discovered news of some US gaming geeks playing Half-Life with real guns. Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com Waterloo Labs - a group of engineers and “other nerds” from Texas – …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Anonymous Coward

Oh my

These Merkins and their penis-replacements......

Big Brother

Aliens <!> Humans in Rubber Suits

Not sure of the advisabilty of using real firearms with live ammo but this is actually a rather good idea - why not use Airsoft guns instead? Much safer for multiplayer games and you'd be able to play using'weapons' that look like and feel like the real thing but with less risk.

Except here in the UK of course, where possessing an imitation weapon that fires little plastic balls at a rate (that's muzzle velocity, not rounds-per-minute) that might cause a bruise if it hits bare skin is considered to be worse than really shooting someone in a nightclub or run-down council estate...

Flame

@Anonymous Coward

You have got to be kidding. Funny, I carry a gun and I don't even have a penis. Don't want one either.

Who is sicker? Me for defending myself, or you for equating genitalia with weapons?

Heart

Is it just because I'm a geek...

that I got excited when the young lady said "piezoelectric sensor" and actually knew what she was talking about?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums