Feeds

back to article Apple sued over shrink-wrapped Mafia death threats

A Beverly Hills, California man is suing Apple, the St. Louis Police Department, the FBI, an auto mechanic, and others for aiding and abetting the Italian Mafia's attempt to force him to become a New York fashion model. Plaintiff George McKenna filed a painstakingly detailed 124-page pro se complaint with the US District Court …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Dead Vulture

Not funny here either

Story started out kind of amusing - but then it became obvious that this guy has severe mental health issues and instead of ignoring him (the cops), ripping him off (the lawyers) and laughing at him (teh internets) someone should be making sure he gets some help.

PS: I've never laughed at a dead baby joke either but even if I had I think that I would be able to tell the difference between a fictional joke and a factual account of someone with serious mental health problems

Dead Vulture

yeah, this was wrong.

don't mock the afflicted. it's cruel and unnecessary. there are so many evil and dishonest people in the world that there's really no need to laugh and abuse ill people.

I actually used to be a Private Investigator and would quite often be called/be visited by people who were obviously ill and (I assume) suffered from paranoid delusions.

"But he can't be insane...because the attorney that filed his suit must have examined it closely and formed the opinion that it was valid and that there was a reasonable chance of success?"

No - it's a "pro se" suit i.e. drafted by the individual himself. Although Lord Woolfe would be pleased you're familiar with his work!

Everyone who cannot be amused by this...

To be amused by the real life trauma suffered by someone is perfectly natural, as is the desire to see that someone come out better, healed, etc. It really is ok to do both.

Pirate

U.S. "healthcare" sucks

"US equivalent of the local mental health hospital"

Most mental hospitals/facilities are closed down now, in part due to idiot politicians and clueless bleeding-heart types thinking it was better for ill people to live "independently" instead of in institutions where they can be <del>abused</del> cared for. (Probably the same mindset that thinks it's better for animals to be turned loose in the wild to die of starvation since they can't fend for themselves, rather than be kept in "captivity", but I digress.)

The lack of adequate care (or even concern) for the mentally ill, is part of the reason that nowadays there's such an incredibly large number of severely mentally ill people roaming U.S. cities' streets as "homeless" people, yet another group that's often the brunt of jokes/abuse/violence/etc.

Aside: it would help U.S. society greatly if doctors would give full physical exams before prescribing psych pills as a first resort. Some of the "mentally ill" suffer from easily fixable medical conditions that are *not* mental in nature; the mental problems are a side-effect of their other less-obvious ailments. But the current U.S. health-care system (such as it is, haha) is about making the big pharmaceutical companies rich via sham "treatments" that mask *symptoms* rather than actually curing people's ailments or seeking the root causes of things. If everyone was actually *cured* of what ails them, big pharma would make far less money pushing drugs, and we can't have that, now, can we. :(

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.