Feeds

back to article Unlock your iPhone, miss your messages

Apple's notification system for the iPhone won't work on devices that have been unlocked to run on different networks, much to the annoyance of developers who are being left to explain the situation to customers. Powerybase, authors of NotifyMe, have gone public with their frustration. The company reports that 80 per cent of its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Happy

Slow iPhones

I've found turning it off and on fixes it. Suspect some crufty app is eating the memory and it starts swapping. Still like the phone but the missus just got a nice Android one and I like the look of it (the f-off big "google search" works for me). The lock in and lack of Linux support are really beginning to get on my tits. Finally got cut and paste with the last upgrade.

Oh, and the Android phone came with *a cover* to protect it. Not brilliant but at least something. You have to buy one for your iPhone - probably the first thing most people do, in fact.

I must admit I couldn't go back to an "ordinary" phone now, but Andriod will have come a hell of a long way when my O2 contract is up ... already looks pretty good, and it supports google calendar out of the box.

Linux

Crufty App???

Yeah, it's called OSX.

No really, as much as I hate Apple, the iPhone does seem quite responsive but I am particularly fond of the construction quality. Good material solid build. Great smartphone platform, mediocre phone quality. Good device, but not perfect and not for everyone. The Apple lock-in, my way or the highway rules are just too tough for me to swallow.

I currently own a HTC Dream, Android OS. Again, not perfect but pretty good or good enough. Considering the alternatives, Windows, Apple, Symbian, Rim... I'll settle for good enough.

>By Francis Fish Posted Sunday 19th July 2009 19:56 GMT

> Suspect some crufty app is eating the memory and it starts swapping.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.