Feeds

back to article Phorm phading phast

Phorm shares continue to fall today, dropping another 11.5 per cent on top of the 25 per cent they fell yesterday, as another partner distanced itself from the technology. CarphoneWarehouse's ISP TalkTalk played down its links to the ad tech developer a day after BT's announcement that it was abandoning trials. Charles Dunstone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Thumb Up

£2 and dropping...

Pretty soon we'll be able to club together and buy them out? How about a whip-round, start a shell company and gain a majority share? :) I'd burn £50 just to see them fired from their own company before all IPR is burned, shredded and magnetically destroyed!

DIE PHORM DIE - god, it's like trying to flyspray a frickin' hornet, it's still squirming!

Somebody get the Dyson! Then we can suck it up and watch its' last squirms!

Cheerio Phorm :-)

Looks like this situation is really heading in the right direction now.

Silver badge

Re: £2 and dropping...

Its like watching someone pull the legs off a wasp. You know its cruel, but its strangely satisfying and enjoyable.

Bronze badge

Oh no!

Their share price hit a low of £1.92 this morning, then seemed to stabilize at £2. Then suddenly in the space of 4 minutes it's up 7% on that figure. What's caused that? Don't tell me some ISP has made and announcement in support of them!

Coat

@ Kanhef

Slight flaw in your plan....

I'm on here for the pR0n, not just any pR0n, but the free stuff. Now why the hell would I want targeted advertising directing me to sites where I'd have to pay for my pR0n???

And....do they think I need help finding it? Um, ok, forget that, yes I do...but not for the content, I find it hard to type with both hands busy.....

Mine's the one with the handy 10 pack of man size tissues stuck in each pocket......

Bronze badge
Grenade

@ John Bayly

Sorry, John, you were quoting the wrong stock. You want PHRM:

http://www.shareprice.co.uk/PHRM

Currently bid:ask 200:215, ticker 201.87, down 40.63 (16.75%) on the day.

Still not exactly the picture of equitacious health, mind.

(Icon directed at Phorm, BTW, not you!)

Anonymous Coward

DTA

The original Phorm sales pitch used the phrase 'targeted advertising' which at some point became 'behavioural advertising' and has now suddenly morphed into the euphemistic 'interest based advertising'.

Where I come from a turd is a turd and no amount of marketing spiel can render it otherwise. It is 'DATA THEFT ADVERTISING' and it is still endorsed by a government near you.

Big Brother

@Kanhef

You forget the plight of the non-OIX website owner under Phorm - whose website, and hard work in creating it, is plundered willy-nilly for the benefit of OIX advertisers, to the great detriment of the website plundered.

Even if the user who is browsing opts in, Phorm would only ever be equitable if the website owner was asked if he/she wanted to opt in also, and would be left alone, unprofiled, if not.

Something that Phorm could never pheasibly do.

I really couldn't be happier that now they are going to have to phuck off and die. Hooray!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.