back to article Phorm woos browsers with personalised web

Phorm is aiming to strengthen ties with publishers by allowing them to track and target their visitors' interests as they browse the web. The web monitoring firm today unveiled "Webwise Discover" in London with the tagline "don't search, just browse". It made the announcement ahead of releasing its annual financial report. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yet more greasy schmooze

>"We wanted people to say 'yes, they've done something right for a change'."

But they won't Marc, will they? We'll all say, "What's in it for them?" Cool? Do me a favour.

>Discussing the delays, Burgess said: "You cannot understand how frustrating it is."

But we do, we do. And we revel in your frustration. Your pain is our distinct pleasure. And when your grubby little dream bites the dust, we'll all get an extra little rush as we raise a glass to your demise.

What's next? Handing out RFIDed sweets at primary schools?

2. Waldo

Phorm I'll keep your pretentious ploy simple...

rearrange this popular sentence.... "stuffed Get."

Ch

3. PJH

Layer 7 Switch??

# The Register understands delays were caused when BT

# asked Phorm to develop a network-level opt-out, based

# on its own layer 7 switch, dubbed PL7.

Assuming this is a reference to the OSI Model, WTF is a Layer 7 (application layer) switch, and WTF is one doing in an ISP? Again, assuming OSI, this implies that BT are doing their own DPI.

4. Martin

who to vote for?

Hai, put your smudge against the tories, after all those moats are not going to clean themselves are they?

5. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

A quote

"Ertugrul said Phorm's seven years so far without revenues was "actually a good thing" because of the complexity of its products."

And let's hope they enjoy another seven years without revenues, and another, and another.....I wish they all the " good things" they can get.

Let them bleed their supporters drier that a dead dingoes donga!

6. Anthony

Cry moar

Discussing the delays, Burgess said: "You cannot understand how frustrating it is."

Yes! Yesss! Oh, let me taste your tears, Mr Burgess!

Mm, your tears are so yummy and sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GqUarJQ7aU

7. VulcanV5
    Happy

Phorming at the mouth?

C'mon people. Lighten up.

What was *supposed* to happen to this marvellous enterprise was an early and profitable roll-out across three ISPs accompanied by a mega media party at which no less than Mandelson himself sang the praises of this superb British company showing the world how brilliant we truly are. (**)

What actually happened is that some failed forgotten politico called Lamont was lurking in the background of a blatantly desperate news conference called in London to announce the trial in, um, South Korea, of some "cool" thingie that won't bring a cent in revenue to an outfit that's already been seven years without income.

Whether Phorm succeeds in its pathetic aspirations over there, or does indeed become more Seoul-less than it is now, is beside the point.

It's dead.

And the fun thing is, because it won't lie down, it can continue to be on the receiving end of a good kicking by everyone else.

I'll miss it when it's finally buried because as a stress reliever, shouting FUCK OFF PHORM! is almost as good as, well, being in Paris.

(** Lest any of you missed it, Mr Ertugrul was interviewed on BBC Radio 4's "You & Yours" yesterday lunchtime. He said Phorm was a British company -- a British *technology *company of tremendous quality. The assertion passed unremarked, as is always the case when something requiring the exercise of journalistic vigilance is aired on the BBC.)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like