back to article iPhone users to walk and read at same time

iPhone users can now walk the streets safe in the knowledge that upcoming letter boxes, errant children or dogshit can be easily avoided, without interrupting the more important act of reading email. Email 'N Walk is a genuine iPhone application, available for free from developers Phase2 Media, which displays the camera's view …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Go

re: How can it work?

There is a live preview on the camera - it just can't record the video. You should therefore be fine.

Jobs Horns

How about

Just putting the stupid thing in your pocket? Seriously people, would it kill you to not look at your stupid phone for a few minutes?

@ Paul McConkey

From the continent, admittedly ;)

Agreed, "OI!" is much more efficient, more... guttural. You do not even need the rest of the sentence if you put in enough repugnance. "DUDE!" might contribute to the confusion faktor though.

Useful aid for muggers

Nice. It should be a whole lot easier now if I wanted to nick one of those things. I just have to look out for some fool walking down the street holding one out in front of him, whilst oblivious to what's really going on around him.

If they must do emails etc on the move, perhaps they should try speech recognition?

@ Anonymous Coward Posted 21:41 GMT

I put my iPhone in my pocket and had a panic attack, fell to the floor and died and am texting you from beyond the grave.

Neat, innit!

@Bad Beaver/Paul McConkey/LaeMi Qian

"DUDE" is a great way to get their attention, or, if they are male, call them "Madame". I personally like dropping the shoulder, as my rugby coach taught me when I were a nipper...

LaeMi - just step through them, followed up by a short, derogatory and rude comment about twunts "not f*cking stopping there you twat".

Another pet hate - when couples decide that since they are couple they can walk hand in hand and take up the entire pavement.

Yet another hate - in the Tube, idiots who decide that they have right of way because they are late for their train. Especially on the stairs. This also counts for the train network. Flicking their heel on the top step is also good on the stairs.

Final hate (for now) - f*ckwits who think their tiny bit of wheeled luggage needs to be trailed at full extension behind them. Unfortunately, flicking these over can scratch the leather on the shoes. Hence the cheaper pair of shoes I wear to work...

iPhone record

Well technically it **can** record video. Pretty well in fact. Its just that it comes in the form on a non-supported *cough* jail broken *cough* application. 30fps if IIRC after seeing on a mates iPhone...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums