back to article Gordon Ramsay breaches f**king broadcasting code

Ofcom has ruled that the 30 January culinary swearfest Ramsay’s Great British Nightmare - a two-parter which kicked off at 9pm - was in breach of the broadcasting code after racking up an impressive "115 instances of the most offensive language" in its first 40 minutes. The watchdog received 51 complaints about the programme …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Where are we at?

Hahaha! Fuck off.

2. 3x2

Thanks

I'd like to thank the 51 complainants and ofcom for pointing out what I had missed first time round. Luckily the episode still had a decent number of seeds so I shall watch it tonight.

Hopefully it won't be a fucked up US version. Thanks again.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

WTF

When I fucking well watch a Gordon "fuck me" Ramsey fucking programme, I fucking expect some fucking expletives. I mean .. well .. fuck me!

4. Highlander

What a load of f&^ked up f*&ks these f&$kers are!

who the f*^k cares what kind of language Gordon f86cking Ramsey uses on his show after the watershed? He's world renowned for shouting and swearing, did anyone seriously expect anything different?

As for those f*&kers who think that using words like f*&k weakens one's vocabulary or shows an inability to express anger, what a bunch of twaddle you f*&kers do come up with. For a f*&king start, words like f*&k only carry the power we, the listener, give them. It's just a f*&king word, it's not like he's hitting you in the face. F*&king hell people get a f*&king grip will you? Sure you can use other words or other forms of expression to express exasperation, but words like f*&k are universally recognized as signs of extreme frustration, annoyance or exasperation.

Let's try an experiment shall we....

You know, I'm really exasperated right now. I can't believe how frustrated I am that you can't prepare even a simple garden salad. My, how incredible it is, you are really incompetent if that's the best you can do.

or

Oh for f*&ks sake you f*&king moron, can't you f*&king well make a f*&king garden f*&king salad? You f*&king c*&k s*&king moron, f*&k off so I can avoid losing my f*&king mind because of your f*&king stupidity you donkey!

Which of these conveys more effectively the sheer frustration and annoyance felt by an experienced chef that's just watched a supposedly experienced chef totally bollocks-up a simple salad and finds that the gormless morong doesn't even know what he's done wrong.?

Pathetic.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who are these complainers

I bet it is ofcom writing to itself.

You turn the channel over if you suspect you will be offended, that would be a normal rational thing to do. Not watch it getting a hard on about writing a complaint letter the next day.

Jeepers, it has to be Ofcom itself, there is no other sensible explanation.

6. Andus McCoatover

Someone make a YouTube Video?

Could someone do this but bleeping out every NON-expletive noun, just leaving the fuc*k bits in?

season *** fucker with S*** and P****

7. Jay
    Stop

When did you Brits ....

turn into Americans? Fucking pathetic.

8. David

Mind your language, Timothy

"But Gordon had no intention of causing offence"

Yeah, like f*ck he didn't!

"and is sorry if Channel 4's scheduling of the programme upset some viewers."

And I'm the Queen of Sheba.

9. jake Silver badge

The only question in my mind is ...

... why is the talentless one-trick pony still on the air? What kind of mouth-breather actually watches his shows? He can't speak English articulately, his cooking is pedestrian at best, and he's abusive to the point that I'm astonished that nobody's flattened him permanently. How is this classified "entertainment"? The mind boggles.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Re:Re: Where are we at?

Let's see if it's accurate if I try it myself. I copied the comments to a text file and ran some vbscript against it, and(Including the ones from my first comment):

F#cking -- 12

f#ckers -- 2

F's -- 1

feckin -- 1

fuck -- 13

*ucking -- 1

fucking -- 31

fu.. -- 1

Fking -- 1

fucker's -- 1

fucked -- 2

fucks -- 3

FFS -- 4

frickin' -- 1

'F' -- 2

f*** -- 1

fucker -- 1

effing -- 1

fucker -- 1

fuckwit -- 1

F-word -- 1

f'ing -- 1

fuck's -- 1

f - 1

f#ck -- 1

fu.. -- 1

It might not be that accurate, but we're up to 92 so far. We can do so much better.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

What the fuck!

It is normal for Ramsey to swear. If he doesn't he's not watch worthy.

12. Matthew
    Flame

f#cking morons

you can't tell me they were surprised at Mr Ramseys language? If you don't like swearing then don't watch the show. People really need to get a life

13. John Tserkezis

Channel four wishes to advise customers about the following program

Channel four wishes to advise customers about the following program:

It contains strong language, consisting of:

The word "Fuck" 40 times

The word "Fucker" 30 times

The word "Fucked" 26 times

The word "Shit" 4 times

And numerous assorted other phrases which could be seen as offensive.

It contains mild violence (if the throwing of some pots and pans count)

It contains trace elements of people cooking something.

It contains no sexual themes, no nudity, nothing that could even vaguely be considered erotic, actually nothing even remotely attractive at all.

So, if you still want to watch this program, we would advise that you instead fuck off and do something more productive with your life.

14. Eugene Goodrich
    Paris Hilton

Link?

I see the link to the ruling, but I'm completely missing the link to the recording.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm with Ofcom...

Ramsey's show is OK, and I occasionally watch it for the content, not the swearing, but the complaint was EXCESSIVE use, not the use per se. People do want to watch the program, and are generally happy with the normal quantity of swearing. However, the complaint about this particular episode was the excessive quantity of it, and to be honest, I agree. It's like anything taken to excess - it loses its appeal. Yes, of course you can turn over, but what if you want to actually see how Ramsey rescues the eatery? Why should you put up with incessant bad language, when the program could quite easily have been made with just the usual quantity of expletives? Sadly that smacks of C4 catering to the lowest common denominator - those who think its amusing/entertaining to have a program consisting entirely of swearing. I presume that many of the people above would be more than happy to listen to a show that had no other content other than expletives (in which case, surely radio would be a better medium?)

16. Peter Morris
    Paris Hilton

It's not working...

In Eric Partridge's fantastic Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, you can find: "I have heard the monotonous 'the fucking fucker's fucking well fucked', where the audience has understood quite well that "this piece of machinery does not work'.

You see? Brevity and wit in this marvelous, multi-faceted word. Use it and support our heritage!

Pedro

Paris because we're on the topic...

17. Simon B
    Heart

Simple solution - if you don't like it, then don't fucking watch it!!!!

Simple solution - if you don't like it, then don't fucking watch it!!!! Moaning dick heads unite.

18. rick buck
    Dead Vulture

F...N...Name of The Show F...Head...

F...

19. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

ah genius python

Perhaps one of the most interesting words in the english language today, is the word fuck. Out of all the english words that begin with the letter 'f' ...fuck is the only word refered to as 'the f word... It's the one magical word. Just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love. Fuck, as most words in the english language is derived from german ...the word fuieken, which means to strike.

In english, fuck falls into many grammatical categories:

As a transitive verb for intance ...John fucked Shirley.

As an intransitive verb...Shirley fucks.

Its meaning is not always sexual, it can be used as...

An adjective such as ...John's doing all the fucking work.

As part of an adverb ...Shirley talks too fucking much.

As an adverb enhancing an adjective ...Shirley is fucking beautiful.

As a noun ...I don't give a fuck.

As part of a word ...absofuckinglutely -or- infuckingcredible.

And as almost every word in a sentence ...Fuck the fucking fuckers.

As you must realize, there aren't too many words with the versatility of fuck...such as these examples describing situations such as:

Fraud ...I got fucked at the used car lot.

Dismay ...ahhh fuck it.

Trouble ...I guess I'm really fucked now.

Agression ...Don't fuck with me buddy.

Difficulty ...I don't understand this fucking question.

Inquiry ...Who the fuck was that?

Dissatisfaction ...I don't like what the fuck is going on here.

Incompetance ...He's a fuck-off.

Dismissal ...Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself...

I'm sure you can think of many more examples.

With all these multi-purpose applications, how can anyone be offended when you use the word. We say use this unique, flexible word more often in your daily speech.

It will identify the quality of your character immediately.

Say it loudly and proudly...

...FUCK YOU!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like