London government plans for self-adjusting speed governing kit, capable of automatically keeping a vehicle below the local speed limit, are advancing. Trials in the capital will take place this summer. The equipment in question is known as Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA), and has been under development since at least 2007 …
Pull the other one
Note the devices do not store any information regarding location, time or any other variable, including driver speed over the length of a journey.
I see a rise in the use of tinfoil helmets. (For the GPS antenna, of course.)
When are the going to learn...
Sure braking the speed limit in London is stupid as the 30Mph limit in some of the areas are for the other people.
And yes a warning system is a good idea, you could even make it so annoying that you have to slow down. But to make it stop you from accelerating is going too far. There are instances where you may need to go over the speed limit (although it may be a rare occurance). And have others have said what ifthe GPS unit gets it wrong, or it crashes or breaks or something then what then?
The most causes of 'accidents' is dangerious driving, maybe the police should go round enforcing the law a bit more in that area. And like others have said who cares if people speed a bit on the motorway I mean it's not like there much different from 70 to 80-90 if the road is clear, as long as you are not taking the **** and going 100Mph+ in traffic.
Again the problem is not speed itself but dangerious driving.
1) How to convince manufacturers of meaty, nob-wagons that do 0-60 in 0.5/sec that they have to fit XYZ limiter to said fanny-magnet? Manufacturer no longer wants to sell nob-wagons in UK, less imports, less new cars, less new tax.
2) No speeders? No need for cameras, so millions no longer coming in from fines!
3) How to stop people going out and buying 1973 Morris that can still reach 65 at any time without limits, cos the system is all mechanical with no electronic components, so limiter cannot be fitted?
4) How to stop government think-tanks coming up with stupid ideas to make it look like they are actually doing something to justify all those swimming pool and lightbulb expense claims!!!
( Heart shaped icon? Well I've never used it before! )
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Find email DIFFICULT? Print this article out and give it to someone 'techy'
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- Comet Siding Spring revealed as flying molehill