The Pet Shop Boys have said they're "unable to agree" to a request by animal rights organisation PETA to change their name to "Animal Shelter Boys". According to the pop duo's website, they got a nice letter from PETA's Special Projects Manager, Yvonne Taylor, which began: Dear Neil and Chris, You have many loyal fans of the …
@JimRoss, et alii, re: critters as sex toys.
"Pet Shop Boys are so named after the fetish of using animals for sexual purposes."
No, they are not. It's an urban legend. See:
I've been waiting for someone else to point this out ... and I'm VERY surprised that nobody has up to this point. I was under the (mis)impression that the readers here had a better education than most of the rest of the rubes on the planet. I guess I was wrong.
No, I'm not a PetShopBoys fan. When it comes to music, I require talent, not hype.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY