back to article BOFH: Cable entanglements

"I've been thinking," the Boss says, wandering into Mission Control feigning nonchalance. "Surely with the number of movements in the building at the moment and the increasing copper price and all, we should invest in some data cable. Keep a stock of it on site. Ten boxes or so, what do you think?" "Excellent idea!" the PFY …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Bill Cumming
    Dead Vulture

Think it's....

...part of the BofH's master plan...

He's actually been writing one a week as usual but...

Get us all worked up about Monthly Episodes then he'll take our wallet (For safe keeping security reasons you understand.)then invite us in to the Tape Safe to see all the hidden stored Episodes....

*<Clunk>*

*<Evil Chuckle>*

"Ok" the PFY say's grabbing his coat "His round then?"

"And the next 5 or 6" BOFH say's pulling out the Credit card and a wad of cash...

"Think we'll need to get a bigger safe..?" The PFY muses...

"Well seeing these demographics..." the BofH mutters looking at El Reg's Phorm log files....

"We just might..."

2. Zapatos de la Muerte

Re: Re: OK The Jig is up - WHERE IS SIMON?

You realize, of course, that that's what we'd expect you to say.

Now, pardon me while I run out for more tinfoil.

3. Pierre

Much needed Intarwub feature

I read the story, And I thought to myself, what a wonderful world... yes, I thought to myself... (known air)

Then I read some of the comments, and I thought to myself, seriously, where be the cattleprod through keyboard feature the web needs so badly?

4. Juillen

@Sarah Bee..

That was cruel, malicious and unfair.

I usually breath deeply, and put down the coffee cup to read BOFH (to avoid the particular mishaps with monitors which, I suspect, soon end up on hapless users' desktops, leaving them wondering why their screens now vend coffee, but no longer illuminate except for the odd spark now and then)..

Then I sit back with the steaming hot mug of fresh caffeine and browse the comments.

Alas, today there is one more user with the lastest in environmental technology (a lightly coffee scented monitor with a power saving mode so efficient that it won't light up. Though I'm sure that state only extends to the monitor, not the user attempting to use the on/off switch).

Time to try the Peyote coffee and head on over to Page 43 methinks.

5. Duncan Carter
    Unhappy

Like it...

"I have gift vouchers for several major curry houses, an open tab at a number of large licensed establishments and a morally casual attitude," she responds.

Pure class :D But as has been said so many times, why now only once a month?!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Go

@Sarah Bee

Maybe it's time for El Reg to catch up with the TV channels. We need El Reg +1 to show repeats of BOFH...... maybe launching on the 1st of next month?

;-)

7. Joe H.
    Coat

@AC Wednesday 18th March 2009 09:23 GMT

Good Idea, on a Friday when there is no new episode, can we run one of the editor's favorites?

If Simon needs a break, let him have one. If any of the heartless commentators above have issue with how often he wants to write a new episode, feel free to try out my insulation tester after I set it to "deep fat fry".

I admit, I have read all the BOFH episodes, and like <AC Friday 13th March 2009 19:08 GMT> I discovered El Reg in the same way and became a regular reader of all the other lovely content here as well. Additionally, when I don't see a new episode on a Friday, I go dig one out of the archive and have my chuckles and move on. <dangling this preposition for you SBeeOFH>

As long as the editors/barrel o' monkeys let us know it is a re-run, where is the problem?

Unless Simon has issue with this and in that case, don't upset him. He's a fine lad with a sunny disposition so why spoil it.

Mine's the one with the 2400 baud modem in the pocket.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

We need more!

I can't live with only one post a month :|

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Back to weekly BOFH please!

Yes, I to am one of those who discovered El Reg through BOFH (started reading BOFH 2001 or 2002) and like Joe H. above then also started reading other content here (still remember drooling over a Sony Vaio X505 article "http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/11/review_vaio_vgn-x505vp/"; mine works OK to this day ).

Having read all BOFH episodes I could find on the net, I too had some doubts about Simon still being the author.

Since this is a free article, we can only be thankful BOFH saga continues, but a the same time can ask (politely) to return to weekly Friday schedule.

Weekly BOFH please!

10. Simon King
    Paris Hilton

Forget Paris....

Can we have a Sarah Bee icon pliz? Yowza!

11. Rick
    Dead Vulture

Monthly updates?

I consider the shoddiness at the way BOFH has been treated to mean its demise. It was the only thing that got me through a friday afternoon...

12. Alex C

Jeffrey Bernard

On those rare *ahem* occasions that Jeffrey Bernard was too drunk to write his articles the editor of (I think) the Spectator would simply publish a short line stating "Jeffrey Bernard is unwell". Keith Waterhouse wrote rather a good play with the same title.

Could the fine folk at El Reg emulate this so we don't spend increasingly dull Friday afternoons refreshing the website to see in BOFH is back? At least we'd know not to bother waiting.

Cheers

Alex

13. Eugene Goodrich
    Paris Hilton

Ah, cryptic references!

"Umbrella murderers" - well done, sir! A nasty way to die, but far from the nastiest, if you're less important.

Paris, because she'd be a much more pleasant demise than ricin.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.