Feeds

back to article Etailer flogs signed Jade Goody biog for £1,000

The Sun is less than impressed with this auction down at tat bazaar eBay punting a signed Jade Goody autobiography for a cool £1,000: The Jade Goody autobiography auction on eBay According to Essex-based vendor Post Packet UK Ltd, half of the cash raised will benefit Cancer Research, but a source "close to Jade" told the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Gates Horns

@ Sarah Bee RE: also

Who died and made you Queen of the Comments?

Anonymous Coward

RE: Sarah Bee

"deserves the same sympathy and respect as anyone else in that unenviable position, as far as I'm concerned"

I totally reject that. Everyone should be treated on their merit as a whole person and not as their disease "deserves."

This subject is rather intimate to me although I'm not going to discuss it here. Suffice it to say that I would rather go loved and respected by those who know me and without abandoning my humanity for a fast buck. I suggest you read some cancer forums to see how those people cope who haven't hired a F*****g publicist!

Please refrain from your haughty judgemental comments against posters. It does you no credit and is likely to alienate other readers as it does myself. Readers can form their own views well enough.

I doubt you'll let this one through but we'll see.

Joke

@ Snake Plissken

I quote:

"It gets worse, when she finally carks it, she'll be given an estate funeral."

I assume you meant "state" funeral, but when I read it I couldn't help thinking whether or not anyone makes a big enough estate to fit her in.

I know I'd be going to hell if it existed.

Bronze badge
Alert

I have some left-over Princess Di stuff

I am going to stick "Jade Goody" stickers over the name and start reselling them.

Anyone want a "Jade Goody Memorial Colonic Irrigation Kit"???

(The nearest I can get to taking the pi$$)

Yeah, I'm sick of the coverage as well; she was a fat, loud-mouthed, racist, moron when she was well; so what has changed, just because she has terminal cancer????

Big Brother?? Only watched by OTHER fat, loud-mouthed, racist, morons.

Coat

is she not

DEAD already.

to be honest i'm getting a bit bored, why doesn't she die without annouching "ive got weeks", " ive got days" each day in the papers.

FFS get on with it girl.

Mines got a one way ticket to hull in the pocket.

Coat

And she lived her life, like a kee-bab in the wind

The real money would be in taking a plastercast of her 'kebab' and then, after her death, making one of those flashlight things with her bits in it (you know what I'm talking about).

Actually, forget about the flashlight. You may need to use a bucket.

If Jade Goody is an indication of our society and the levels to which we've fallen, then we're all fecked.

Thumb Up

Not matter what this useless bint does with her miserable life...

...she always be remembered as positive proof that karma does indeed exist (and, as many have speculated, is a bitch).

g e
Silver badge

Rejecting?

Yup, probably! (Hope so anyway)

Seems to me she thinks every wallet in the country is fair game, I'd not be surprised if HELLO or OK were invited to the funeral for £1M or more. Honestly, let's see if they are. If they're not I'll apologise to you.

(Written by Reg staff)

@Mark_T

'Please refrain'? No, shan't. Your comments are published here at our discretion (no, not just mine). You don't have any say-so in how they're moderated any more than you have rights over any other aspect of how this site is run. You can ask, and I might take it on board, but in this instance, no.

I know perfectly well how ordinary people cope with cancer, I've known far too many of them (one parent, one step-parent, one schoolfriend and more than a couple of acquaintances, if you're interested), so you can take your patronising suggestion and cram it.

I'm going to let everything else posted to this thread through providing it isn't libellous or otherwise in breach of the basics, so you can enjoy the full misanthropy I've been filtering out. Enjoy.

Whats all the fuss about?

I have no respect whatsoever for Jade, she has sold herself since BB & now wants the undeserved sympathy from the public while she continues to do just that. Sorry none from me...trying to secure her kids future? So they are gonna need more than the rumoured £8m fortune she already has? The fact is she is hanging on to whatever fame she can no matter the cost.

Croak already.....

Happy

RE Sarah Bee 14:58 GMT

..And on that flounce of petulance I rest my case.

I do honestly respect you for publishing my comment though, thank you.

Perhaps you won't have to put up with my "patronising" for much longer. Maybe I should ask for a whip-round :O)

Dead Vulture

televised cancer for all!

while it's interesting to see how much longer it is going to be before jade goody finally croaks, i can't understand why she gets to be on tv and every other average joe with cancer has to suffer with it and not get to be on tv...

either, jade goody should never have been allowed on tv (i don't mean ever) or everyone in the world who has and does (and will) suffer with cancer should have their own channel on sky.

it isn't going to happen... begone jade... and leave the money to a better cause, like... hmmm, cancer research?

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: RE Sarah Bee 14:58 GMT

What case was that? That I don't know anything about normal people's experience of cancer? Or what?

Since I've earned a modicum of your respect, though, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead - wouldn't want to lose that precious commodity, would I?

Unhappy

Basic needs vs. public hypocrisy

Like her or not, Jade is a marketable commodity precisely because people are willing to pay up for info, gossip and pictures. Even if it is only to throw their hands up in unironic horror at the commercial exploitation of it all.

Jade is not bright. She is poorly educated. She is not talented. Nor is she particularly likeable. None of these things deserve the pillorying she has received in the press over the years, but she has clearly learned to exploit the public's prurient interest in her. If she wants to maximise the potential earnings from her death in order to provide for her family after she's gone, good luck to her. She hadn't had many of life's advantages before she became famous, and she's getting really short-changed now she's a celebrity. Let her make the most of what little she has and let's save all our hand-wringing hypocrisy for some other hate object for a while.

If you support one person's right to die with dignity, you have to support another's right to die without it.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.