Feeds

back to article Apple Mac-sprucing bores fanbois

Apple updated its Mac Mini, iMac, and Mac Pro lines on Tuesday. And what a ho-hum set of updates it was. Admittedly, Apple-watchers have been spoiled by past announcements. Nostalgia buffs will remember how excitement was high, for example, at the introduction of the original iMac in 1997, the Power Mac G5 in 2003, and - of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Jobs Halo

Boring?

Bought my Mac Mini this morning and ordered 2GB of Crucial.

My mini is replacing a dual 2GHz G5 that's not been turned off apart from when I moved house a few years ago. Something that big and powerful is now tiny and uses under 13W when not busy.

We're not bored, I'm afraid. This'll do.

Jobs Horns

@Bring in the clown(s) AC

Why on earth are you using software as an excuse for hardware prices? I should be able to buy a PC with much higher spec, for less than a mac, then purchase and install OSX. Apple won't let me.

IT Angle

price increases

Have some of you lot not realised that the pound is now worth didly squat, so now you are getting ripped off by ever greater amounts!

Exit the UK (Unimaginable Kockup) and go and live somewhere cheaper and friendlier.

Silver badge

Jobsian tosspots

They give the mac mini a mini dvi, display port and firewire 800 yet leave the macbook with usb and mini dvi only. Tossers. Absolute tossers.

Jobs Horns

RE Bring in the clowns

the clowns are those who insist on buying apple at inflated prices.

'There's not a more reliable or stable personal computer available, because they are not built from the cheapest, shit commodity parts available this week'

'fraid to break it to you, but that's exactly what they are made of. just packaged nicely in a shiny box.

'Mac users don't have to worry about theO/S malfunctioning at every turn (Windows) or trying to backout and clean up rom a balky patch written last night'

No because Apple is perfect, OSX is the best piece of software ever written and never has problems or vulnerabilities. Any patches that Apple provide are simply to provide extra functionality and never once have caused someones machine to go titsup.

Typical fanboy jobs-bend-me-over-and-take-me response - no wonder Apple still make money

Silver badge

@ Bring in the clowns

Good flame, but:

"Macs work and they work well. Period. There's not a more reliable or stable personal computer available"

Herm, I know you can't get out of role, but I hope you realize it's probably the wrongest statement since this "the Earth is flat" was busted...

Granted, you can find worst, but they are light-years away from being the best or even the most reliable machines around. And the value-for-money ratio is simply laughable. They do look quite good though, and tend to be quite pleasant to use. It's just a choice. I'd go for the muscle and reliability to the (possible) detriment of style and eyecandyness. I can understand people making the opposite choice. But don't give us the "Macs are the most powerful and most reliable machines for the money" crap. It's just not true. It arises from stupid people comparing Mac Pros with desktop computers instead of workstations. When comparing the comparable, macs are very expensive middle-range computers. Definitely not high-end delicacies.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.