Feeds

back to article Cops taser JCB thief in 'slowest police chase ever'

A Surrey man who stole a JCB, provoked the "the slowest police chase ever", shrugged off a tasering and was cuffed only when the mechanical digger shed its tracks was earlier this week convicted of the vehicle's theft and dangerous driving, the Surrey Advertiser reports. William Smith, 29, of Nutfield, made off with the JCB from …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Coat

Stopping a JCB

I have it on good authority (I read it somewhere) that you simply need to lie down in front of it, wearing a dressing gown. I'll let someone else put it to the test though.

Mine's the knee-length terry one, with the towel in one pocket...

@Tracked JCB

I wouldn't mind if electronic ignitions could be told remotely to stop putting petrol in the engine. As long as it's done slowly, this doesn't endanger a genuine mistake (on the motorway, someone's wireless PDA confuses your engine and things it should stop in the motorway) yet also would stop cars whanging about for half an hour before pranging into a tree/house/car/....

Professional criminals would remove it, but then again, most car crime is someone nicking a car for a one-off job or for joyriding. No time to remove this.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.