Feeds

back to article US doc demands $1.5m for donated organ

A US doctor is demanding his ex-missus stump $1.5m after she ran off with their three kids and one of his kidneys, the New York Daily News reports. Richard Batista, 49, donated the organ to his wife Dawnell eight years ago in an attempt to salvage their foundering marriage. She'd already suffered two failed transplants when …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

@AC

>>"Never underestimate the venom, spite and vindictiveness that can surface during a divorce."

...sometimes even without the assistance of lawyers.

Joke

Never mind the Kidney

How will they divide the contents of their trailer and who gets the Chevy pickup thats up on blocks on the front lawn?

Maturity and the human condition

First let me agree that asking for money for the kidney is a little out of order.

Ok, now we're past that, lets have a look at the rest.

Relationship breakdowns happen, however some maturity seems to be lacking from both sides. She possibly should have separated from the guy *before* having an affair, and should also possibly be allowing access to the kids.

He should probably feel good that he saved someone's life, accept that the relationship is over and move on.

Regrettably, humans are generally incapable of this, and I predict that it will end up very messy for all concerned.

Joke

Fallout 2

If he actually expects sympathy from his former consort, he is mistaken. She did act like a ***rag but she is certainly allowed to do so according to the law.

Their children being isolated from him, on the other hand, is a genuine complaint.

My advice to this emotional and angry gentleman would be this: Accidents happen guv', particularly those involving high velocity ordinance...

Paris Hilton

@ Sarah Bee

"Why do people have to be so absolutist about these things?"

Not all of us. I'm only provisionally absolutist.

We should be careful judging a person during a state of distress, it is one of the things that strips the humanity away from the animal.

On the other hand, it's a good thing he wasn't caught cheating. He might have come home to find her dumping all his stuff on the lawn - "Here's your stupid ring back... and your stupid flowers... and all your stupid clothes... and... UUUGGGHHHHErrrrrr... here's your stupid kidney back too!"

Paris, because they'll always have her...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.