back to article BMW unwraps electric Mini

BMW yesterday announced the arrival of the electric Mini - or Mini E. Powered by a 150kW – 204hp – electric motor fed by a 260kg lithium-ion battery pack, the car goes from 0 to 62mph in 8.5s and sports a top speed limited to 95mph. BMW claimed the range you'll get out of a full charge will be 150 miles. BMW Mini E BMW's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Peter Clarkson
    Thumb Down

@Simon Williams

You're absolutely right.

I had assumed that it was practical to drive to your destination, plug in at a charging station somewhere while you do your Birmingham-based business and then drive home. That is probably not a realistic assumption, especially for early adopters of this technology.

However, you failed to spot the more glaring error in my post... why would anyone want to leave London to go to Birmingham in the first place?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tags...

If it's USA only, why do they show it with European tags?

3. Tim

Just me

Since most travel is less than 10Km an electric makes sense in both the short term and the long term. Every year batteries get better and cheaper and electric motors get more efficient. Once changing station are set up in most parking places there will be nothing to stop electric from taking over. Should we build more nuclear plants....Yes it is a no brainer now that we understand how to deal with the waste better.

4. b
    Thumb Up

@Fluffykins

"It's not a frikkin' Mini"

100% right!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.