back to article Sainsbury's punts 'Innocent kids juices' for £2.99

As I write this, I can hear a distant droning which indicates the Twat-O-Tron has just been fired up at its secret location somewhere in Middle England and is about to discharge an unholy turdspurt at supermarket monolith Sainsbury's. Here's why: Sainsbury's offer for "Innocent kids juices" Yup, we're thinking the same as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Ash
    Joke

Dear oh dear...

I wondered why they tasted so good.

"Sugar and spice and all things nice" apparently.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Its money saving

Its quite simple, they are using as few chars as possible to save printing costs.

Next week they are brining in txt speek

Inocnt 4 kds £3.99

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are you SURE it needs an apostrophe?

The product is called "Innocent smoothies for Kids". To me, it looks like the name has been shortened to "Innocent Kids". That is the name of the product, so I don't think there should be an apostrophe.

Maybe the price ticket text should have been quoted - ie - "Innocent Kids" juices

4. steogede
    Dead Vulture

@AC

>> Apostrophe is for possessive case. As you point out, it would be 'juices of kids'. What they really

>> mean is juices FOR kids, so that's how it should have been written.

Exactly, now if it were Tesco or ASDA the product would be the juice of innocent kids, however I am sure our beloved Sainsbury's would only ever sell Innocent for Kids juice and not the aforementioned.

5. mittfh
    Coat

Baby goats?

Never mind the children, I wonder how long it will be before IFAW and friends start moaning about the number of baby goats killed and blended down to a pulp...

Meanwhile, since we're getting rather possessive over apostrophes, here are a few spare ones to scatter around wherever appropriate: '''''

Mine's the one with the bloodstains...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not the Only Ones

It must be catching. The default web page which is supposed to confirm that the web-sharing is working correctly on the Mac - Leopard reads ....

'It’s a snap to create and publish your own website from your Mac. When your site is ready, it’s just as easy to publish it. Open System Preferences and click Sharing, then select Web Sharing.

Your done. Your site is now available on your private network at home or work.'

7. Tim
    Thumb Up

I love this article

I haven't seen it before so I don't care if its old.

Its funny so I don't care if there's no IT angle.

It made me laugh out loud at work, its Tuesday and people looked round...

...perfick

8. ShaggyDoggy

So it it now soon to be

Sainsburys

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The brand name is 'innocent'

The product name is 'smoothies for kids'.

Where did juices ever come into it?

Bad joke?

10. Chris
    Coat

@ ASDA & AC comment

AC Said "Shop at Asda, nobody there give a shit about apostrophes!"

That's 'cos they don't know what they are......

11. John
    IT Angle

there is a tech angle on all this nonsense

When you get your receipt it doesn't say Innocent Kids juice strawberey flavour. It has to be truncated down to whatever will fit on the 2 inch wide paper strip. You end up with INNOKDSJUICE or something. Am I being too pedantic?

12. Jamie Kephalas
    Thumb Up

Tesco...

...made the exact same problem.

13. Cathy Griffiths

Texaco Distressing?

Texaco haven't done much better, spot the spelling mistake on this promotion sign. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cathyg/2173092970/

14. Andrew Elwell

sheesh el reg, this was sooooo January

tsk tsk - as photographed (judging from the shelf layout) back in January

see http://lodge.glasgownet.com/2008/01/25/supermarket-labels/

15. Colin P
    IT Angle

New Keyboard Please

By Mike Brown Posted Monday 15th September 2008 16:14 GMT

"reminds me of the day i told my g/f that cat milk comes from cats....the lok of horor was rather funny as i exlained there was factorys full of cats with mini pumps attached to there nipples............"

Great just great.... I'm going to try this myself, although i doubt i could keep a straight face.

16. Mark

To save their blushes

This is how to fit the words in innocently...

Innocent juice drink (kids)

Drop "juice" if that doesn't fit.

Sheesh.

17. Jeff Rowse

@Angus - hear! hear!

Some people obviously need a quick lesson in what the computer mouse is for - if you don't want to read non-IT stories, then don't visit Bootnotes. No clickee, no time lost, got it?

Simple, really.

To quote Baby Grumplin - "Berks".

18. dom
    Alert

How Much?!

You can get 7 litires of supermarket brand juice for that!.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.