Feeds

back to article Suicide squirrel knocks out Swiss TV

TV and radio were knocked out for a couple of hours in Switzerland on Sunday - after a squirrel got itself electrocuted. The trams stopped running too for a short time in Zurich, the venue for the squirrel-short circuit action. Swiss TV's emergency power back-up was too puny to cope with demand - and many Swiss sports fans were …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

@Dougthedug

'It was probably a suicide. Electrocution is the preferred method used by the ginger rodents.'

And yet Mick Hucknall still won't take the hint.

Coat

let's change the headline a bit

to " Scientists invent a better emergency cutoff switch. Top electrical engineers find using squirrels as emergency cutoff switches to be more efficient than traditional breakers .. more details pages 34-37 .. "

The Humane society might object for a bit .. but heck .. it's them or us ..

lets fry some Quaida butt ! ..

FuzzyTheBear

Coat

wrong, wrong, wrong

You're all very much mistaken if you think that our new overlords are squirrels. Oh no.

My informant (c/o Mr B. Laden, No 1 Tora Bora Caves, Afghanistan) reliably informs me that this is just the start of a whole series of animal led disruptions.

After being brainwashed with super sugary GM nuts and berries, our new animal antagonists are trained to attack at the heart of out electrical systems, nibbling through powercables on their way to animal mecca.

I confidently predict we'll see bansai badgers taking out the power in Washington and Kamakazi Cows jumping across the third rail of our London Underground.

Never be alone with an animal, they could be plotting against you now.

We're all doooooooomed.

Mines the one with the cuttle fish and a packet of Trill in the pocket

Happy

just be thankful

They're not tribbles.

Anonymous Coward

But wasn't it this year...

when a kamikaze cow did the "death from above" assault on an audi or volvo somewhere? Covert squirrel black ops squads aren't that uncommon here in the states and just yesterday, some rodent chewed through a 220 line outside our office and the local security contingent were on high alert! Hands were on their walkies and flashlights were up in the offensive position, waiting on some impending melee. The rabbits in my yard have been giving me the stink eye as of late, so I'm starting to grow concerned.

Ironically, in response to a previous post, regarding the statement "if this had happened in the states...", well the last time we had a huge regional power outage, due to an overloaded power grid and poor regional planning by a couple of the large power companies, cities like Detroit, Columbus, parts of ohio, Pennsylvania and New York State were in the dark for 2 to 3 days. The "T" word did come up a few times. But yet again, since I'm naturally paranoid, I was the only kid on my block who had power, to catch the news that made that statement, because I had the foresight to purchase a big generator. But, as I said, it was due to poor design of the power grids and extremely high demand.

Except for surface-mount squirrels........

do you think that they could me impedence-tested and some coloured bands put around their tails to indicate whether they'll short out the electricity supply, or just slightly lower the voltage?

Coat

Boris and Natasha spotted fleeing scene ...

... Bullwinkle vows revenge.

In Switzerland...

...at least you can be sure the squirrels roast on time.

But I for one welcome our new nut-hoarding overlords.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.