back to article Windows XP crashes out of Olympics?

Microsoft's Silverlight browser plug in might be in contention for PR gold for its streaming of Olympics 2008 content online, but Windows is letting Team Redmond down badly. The global audience tuned into Beijing's National Stadium got to see Microsoft's dirty laundry aired in public during the opening festivities: the Blue …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come on...

on for a few hours?

Let me think, BSOD.... First thing you'd do is pull the power to save face.

newp, not buying it.

2. Dangerous Dave
    Coat

@ Nuno trancoso

"If people are so wanton on pointing out a flaw"

I can't be the only person who spotted the "wan ton" joke can i?

The departure/arrivals monitors in Leeds train station are showing BSOD's all the time, with the occasional "NTLDR is missing - Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart" thrown in for good measure. Always good for a geeky smirk on the way home

3. Wayne Horkan

A little bit of common sense...

Just blogged this: http://blogs.sun.com/eclectic/entry/microsoft_crash_bsod_beijing_olympics

Frankly what's so very wrong with the idea that the pictures are genuine, that it is a valid copy of Windows, that there hasn't been a hardware error, and that, just perhaps, software goes wrong occasionally?

It just takes a little application of Ockham's Razor to see the truth here.

Wayne @ http://blogs.sun.com/eclectic/

4. mittfh

Funny location for a projector

According to the Beeb's coverage, the images on the inside lip of the roof aren't projected, they're from plasma screens.

The BSOD is sitting on the inside of the roof, where nobody should be looking. The rest of the stadium doesn't have anything projected there.

Given the lack of keystoning on that image, the projector must have been directly under the roof. It would have been interesting to see pictures of what was in that area of the stands - as I'm sure the authorities wouldn't have allowed someone to saunter into the stadium weilding a laptop and data projector.

So either someone's been doing some very clever fakery, or someone in the general vicinity of the stand tilted the projector upwards when the OS crashed.

The alien because someone, sooner or later, will come up with a conspiracy theory...

5. Basil Fernie
    Go

@ac: Where oh where has my OS/2 gone?

To eCS ("eComStation"), alive and well and stable and available from www.mensys.com. Try it.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like