back to article Chinese takeaway biodiesel man in garage explosion horror

A Northamptonshire man destroyed his garage and badly injured himself at the weekend while attempting to make biodiesel from used cooking oil. A devastating explosion levelled the makeshift reprocessing plant on Saturday afternoon, when sparks from an electric drill being used to mix ingredients ignited explosive vapours. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Disco-Legend-Zeke
    Paris Hilton

Throwing away feedstock is throwing away money.

A friend owns several McDonalds Hamburger joints. His used oil is collected and recycled into fuel. The guy that delivers his oil also collects the used oil, and runs his trucks on it.

This got me to thinking about food waste in general, the big downside of alcohol production is that it diverts agricultural products from the food chain.

If veggie and fruit restaurant waste were collected systematically, they could be used as feedstock for fermentation. I am thinking there are millions of pounds stuffed into landfills every day.

Jonathin thanks for the bit about lubrication, it makes sense. but the tax man is still there to check the gasoline mixer-inner carefully.

Paris... Tonight is the night for her shoe party.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

His first thought, "There's room for improvement".

Used cooking oil for fuel....

I can have a lot more fun with one liter of oil than a few kays of driving.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.