Oh Yes the omelette comment. Well that really annoyed me at the time. Never mind "Open Source." AVG released flawed software that they took my money for (at least the softs was flawed on this legacy system anyway)
- did not do what it was supposed to do
- came with things that people did not want.
- slowed machines to a slug.
- on this legacy box took 16 hours to scan the machine for viruses.
- would not update its virus signature either locally or over the Net,
- visited sites that you we did not want it to
- did not install itself correctly,
- emails that we sent with our avg.cfg to support were bounced back
- did not uninstall itself in a friendly fashion and was only evicted in safe mode. Contrary to the blether on the AVG website.
-the lifeline of 24 hour support was 1 automated e-mail days later that told us we were on a FAT32 partition when it was NTFS and that an update will be released "soon," How soon????
We bailed out and got ourselves sorted elsewhere.
I don't want maximum aggro when installing new software and I have to say that my experiece with AVG 8 was one long headache.
The only one good thing I can say for my experience with AVG 8 (bastard thing) was as I said earlier
- they gave us our money back.